FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: DATA PROCESSING MANAGER III
Salary: $7,118.00 - $8,239.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Bureau Director of the Enterprise Services & Application Systems Bureau, the Section Manager, through subordinate technical managers, will plan, organize and direct the activities of the section responsible for the departments enterprise IT services and the bureau’s Intake and Release unit. Organized by fuction, section staff provides quality service and support in the area of system analysis, system development, system testing, portfolio management, intake and release management. The incumbent is required to follow the State’s management policies and standards, while adhering to industry accepted management principles and disciplines.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Experience supervising or leading technical professionals
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in priorities or deadlines, and ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of effective supervisory principles, practices and techniques to appropriately and effectively plan, oversee and direct the work activities of subordinate managers and employees
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques to effectively oversee a variety of initiatives to successful and timely conclusion
- Extensive knowledge and experience with IT service delivery and management best practices
- Ability to resolve performance problems by planning and implementing measures to improve performance
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of audiences
- Ability to gain and maintain the confidence of others to promote morale and improve working relationships with staff, peers, and others
- Ability to develop approaches to improve the organization and introduce innovation
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people in the performance of their work to improve the work environment, the quality of work, and increase productivity
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate cooperative and productive working relationships with diverse groups of management and staff
- Knowledge of the Department’s Human Resource Program and Policies
- Demonstrated performance in leading an IT group through organization change
- Knowledge of information technologies and trends
- Knowledge of organizational change management principles and best practices
- Knowledge of SoA best practices and principles
- Experience managing enterprise IT systems
- Knowledge of BPM best practices and principles
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
To be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type-written page in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Sheri Jenkins at M/S L-240. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- The Enterprise Services Section (ESS) Manager is responsible for providing enterprise IT services. This team uses Service Oriented Architecture (SoA) best practices and principles to design and develop FTB’s enterprise services. Business Process Management (BPM) is critical for the design portion of SoA because it promotes business effectiveness and efficiency while striving for innovation, flexibility, and integration with technology.
- Please provide a written description, including examples, of how you in your role as ESS manager would help manage the transition and integration of legacy applications to a SoA model from a BPM perspective.
|Manager, Enterprise Services Section
||564 - 794 - 1393 - 001
|Enterprise Services and Administrative Systems Bureau
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.