FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST)
Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,466.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Data Processing Manager II, the incumbent is responsible for providing Disaster Recovery (DR) planning services to IT staff and management for the recovery of FTB critical systems and applications. Responsibilities include working with IT disaster recovery plan owners, leaders, recovery teams, and business customers, in planning, coordinating, and managing tasks, schedules and resources for DR projects, tests, and exercises. Incumbent assists with DR plan maintenance and documentation, including updating the plan database application – SunGard’s Living Disaster Recovery Planning System (LDRPS); and, conducting DR research, analysis, and presentations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Please see the Associate / Staff Information Systems Analyst classification specification for specific required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Experience using MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Ability to multitask, handle changing priorities, meet critical deadlines, and use tact and good judgment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, maintaining a good work ethic, and a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, analytical, planning, collaboration, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of effective project management and methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical staff and management
- Knowledge of large computing systems configurations, information technologies and trends
- Knowledge of Franchise Tax Board organization, programs, policies, and practices
- Knowledge of State policies and procedures governing disaster recovery as it relates to technology
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery industry best practices
- Knowledge of SunGard’s Living Disaster Recovery Planning System (LDRPS)
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports XI
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Ana McCoy M/S L-234. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
|TSD Disaster Recovery Planner
||564 - 784 - 1312 - 001
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) $4,619.00 - $5,897.00 |
|Service Planning & Management Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.