Join Us! We are looking for dynamic, energetic, committed nutrition professionals to join the Field Services Unit team and work in the Mountain Region.
Under the supervision of the Child Nutrition Supervisor I, in the Program Integrity, Compliance and Administration Section, Southern Field Services Unit, the incumbents will: monitor and complete administrative reviews of all sponsors of the National School Lunch Programs and other food programs for compliance with state and federal regulations; conduct nutrient analyses of meals served; educate public, profit, and non-profit sponsors; provide technical assistance and workshops for sponsors; prepare reports and correspondence; testify at hearings; and analyze and interpret laws, regulations, and legislation.
- Flexible: Learn Child Nutrition Programs from others
- Organized: Prioritize important tasks, juggling multiple priorities
- Team Player: Support and collaborate with colleagues, staff, and other stakeholders
- Innovative: Look for new ways to improve current systems to maximize program integrity
- Good Listener: Promote and integrate feedback from internal and external customers
- Correspondent: Review, write, and approve high quality reports, memos, and sensitive documents
- Travel: Travel up to 50 percent
- Good Communicator: Communicate with a diverse population
- ** Child Nutrition Program knowledge and experience and Registered Dietitians preferred.
WHO MAY APPLY
Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement). All applicants must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the “Explanations” section on the Standard Application Form (Std 678). May consider Child Nutrition Assistants for recruitment purposes. Employment provisions as outlined by the Department of Personnel Administration's State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
CANDIDATES MUST INCLUDE CNCS -MOUNTAIN ON THE TITLE SECTION OF YOUR STATE APPLICATION, OTHERWISE YOUR APPLICATION MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a State Application (Form 678) to:
Nutrition Services Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA 95814
Attn: Sandy Murdock
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: July 24, 2013
||174 - 191 - 2160 -
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
CHILD NUTRITION ASSISTANT $3,169.00 - $4,146.00 |
|Final Filing Date:
|Nutrition Services Division
1430 N Street, Suite 4503