Join us as part of the California Health Benefit Exchange (Exchange), also known as Covered California (CC), a new Department which will improve the health of all Californians by assuring their access to affordable, high quality care. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals seeking a Staff Services Manager I position to join our team.
There is one vacancy in the following Program Area:
ELIGIBILITY & ENROLLMENT/REPORTS & AUDITS
Under general direction of the Reports & Audits and Assisters Program Manager (SSM II), the Staff Services Manager I (SSM I) plans, directs and monitors the activities of the Reporting & Audit Unit. The SSM I supervises one Research Program Specialist and three Staff Services Analysts/Associate Governmental Program Analysts and personally perform the most complex or sensitive work. The SSM I will be responsible for the development of reports, analysis of data, and development of auditing procedures to measure the effectiveness of eligibility and enrollment business processes and program requirements established by Covered California.
• Knowledge of and effectiveness in implementing statewide initiatives and policies related to health care.
• Knowledge of California health policies with a working knowledge of information technology health care systems.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply the state rules and regulations governing staff development and supervision, and the State and Federal Equal Employment opportunity policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to perform critical thinking and making informed decisions.
• Experience working under demanding time pressure and under public scrutiny, while maintaining composure.
• Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
• Ability to obtain completed staff work from subordinate staff on multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work in a team-based, collaborative environment that promotes diversity.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate programs with local and federal agencies, private agencies and health care providers.
• Demonstrated capacity to work cooperatively and promote partnerships with other state departments providing health benefits to low-income Californians (e.g., Department of Health Care Services, Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board, etc.).
The Exchange is fast-paced with a need for creativity, self-motivation and organizational skills. If you are interested in a challenging, opportunity in a highly team oriented environment you are encouraged to apply.
BACKGROUND CHECK: All applicants not currently employed with the California Health Benefit Exchange - may be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
If you are interested in an opportunity to work in a highly team oriented environment, you must have eligibility in one of the following areas: List, lateral transfer, reinstatement, or surplus:
1. Schedule and take the Staff Services Manager I examination. To do so, please view the exam bulletin at: http://jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/9PB19.PDF for full instructions.
2. Once you have taken and successfully passed the examination, you will be added to the eligibility list.
3. Now you are eligible to apply for a job vacancy for that classification.
4. In order to help process your application, please submit a copy of your completed Standard State Application (STD 678) along with a copy of your examination results to the address provided below. You can find your results at: https://exams.spb.ca.gov/exams/exam_start_submit.cfm?action=getresults.
All applicants must submit a signed Standard State Application (STD 678) to the address provided below.
Indicate the basis of your eligibility in the Explanations field on the first page of your standard state application.
SROA/surplus/reemployment employees are encouraged to apply. Surplus candidates must attach a copy of their surplus letter.
Applications will be reviewed based on eligibility and desirable qualifications and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
Benefit information can be found on the CalHR website, www.calhr.ca.gov, and the CalPERS website, www.calpers.ca.gov.
Staff Services Manager I
801 - 330 - 4800 - 004
California Health Benefit Exchange/Covered California
Final Filing Date:
California Health Benefit Exchange (TL-004) 560 J Street, Suite 290 Sacramento, CA 95814
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.