Title: INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN Salary: $2,480.00 - $3,737.00 Posted: 06/18/2013
Under the direct supervision of a Data Processing Manger II and lead technical staff, the Information Systems Technicians will perform a variety of the less complex technological duties supporting information technology systems such as, but not limited to, configuring and installing computers, laptops, printers, and personal computer peripherals. The Information Systems Technicians will also respond to, troubleshoot, and resolve minor computer problems, update inventory data, install new software and upgrades and provide Service Desk support. The position is located in a high-rise building. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be give priority and only the top candidates will be selected for an interview. Please state your eligibility for this classification in the Explanations section of your application. All candidates must complete and submit the Supplemental Questionnaire below with their application to be considered for this position.
• Ability to provide strong customer service to all customers both within and outside the Board of Equalization
• Ability to interact respectfully, professionally, positively and courteously when communicating and working with others
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions
• Familiarity setting up and configuring PCs and laptops
• Familiarity configuring connections to computers and networks
• Ability to install and configure software
• Ability to uninstall software
• Strong documentation and written communication skills
• Familiarity with full suite of Microsoft Office tools and other BOE applications
• Ability to work with technical staff in a team environment
• Familiarity working with connections to computers and networks
• Ability to learn new and changing concepts
• Understanding of network security policies and practices
• The configuration management process, and quality assurance practices and techniques.
• Hardware diagnostic and troubleshooting techniques for PCs, printers, modems, and related peripherals and components
• Software diagnostic skills and techniques for Windows operating systems, PC application and client software
• Knowledge of PC software and hardware; Windows XP and Windows 7
• Demonstrate ability to communicate professionally and effectively with clients
• Exercise and apply logical reasoning
• The ability to resolve issues at the first point of contact
• Be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds safely
This questionnaire will assist in reviewing your qualifications for the advertised Information Systems Technician vacancy. To be considered for an interview, responses to the following questions must be submitted with your application. Please limit your responses to no more than two pages total.
1. In a paragraph, please describe your knowledge of PC imaging and deployment tools and experience setting up, configuring and troubleshooting PC hardware, software, and operating systems.
2. In a paragraph, please describe your qualifications that you believe set you apart from others for this position.
3. In a paragraph, please describe your experience in cultivating and maintaining effective relationships within a team environment consisting of both technical and business team members.
290 - 381 - 1360 - 011
Technology Services Department
Final Filing Date:
Technology Services Department 450 N Street, MIC: 26 Sacramento, CA 95814
George Alvarado (916) 324-7054
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.