MULTIPLE AIR POLLUTION SPECIALIST POSITIONS – PENDING BUDGET APPROVAL
The Monitoring and Laboratory Division (MLD) of the California Air Resources Board (ARB) is seeking qualified applicants for multiple new positions in the area of ambient air monitoring data quality management (QM). New federal requirements for higher quality of ambient data collected in California are calling for the expansion of our current program. The incumbents will conduct the full range of quality assurance activities to ensure that the ambient air monitoring data collected throughout California complies with new procedures and regulations set forth by the U.S. EPA. As a designated Primary Quality Assurance Organization (PQAO), ARB is ultimately responsible for all QM tasks in California. To comply with the new monitoring QM requirements, MLD is creating a new team whose responsibilities will include the following: serve as liaison between the local air monitoring agencies and the ARB; coordinate and communicate quality assurance/control information; develop and manage a comprehensive air monitoring training program; review and inspect local agency air monitoring programs for compliance with the collection, analysis, validation, and reporting of ambient air monitoring data; identify and resolve problems; conduct air monitoring station performance audits; and assist with emergency response air monitoring activities.
ARB’s Quality Management Branch is located in the MLD Main Laboratory at the 13th and T Street facilities in Sacramento (close to downtown and light rail). This is an exciting and new opportunity for a driven, energetic, and exceptionally qualified professional who is looking to be a part of a new team and shape the future of the Board’s PQAO program.
- Competency in basic air quality science as evidenced by a degree in science or engineering from a recognized, accredited university.
- Familiarity with quality assurance and quality control techniques.
- Knowledge of ambient air monitoring principles and laboratory operations.
- Knowledge of chemistry and statistics.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision by being a self-motivator and a team player.
- Excellent organization, analytical, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively work with staff at all levels.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access) and developing/maintaining webpages.
- A graduate or terminal degree in science or engineering is highly desirable.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Qualified Air Resources Engineer candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. This vacancy may be subject to SROA/Surplus provisions. Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their surplus letter with a completed standard State application (STD 678). On page one of your State application you must clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility: list appointment, transfer, SROA, surplus, re-employment, or reinstatement.
If interested, please submit a cover letter, a completed standard State application (STD 678) with original signature and any other relevant documents (e.g. unofficial transcript, copy of degrees, resume, etc.) to the attention of Carolina Zavala at the address below.
|Air Pollution Specialist
||673 - 572 - 3887 - xxx
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
AIR RESOURCES ENGINEER $4,608.00 - $8,379.00 |
|Final Filing Date:
|Monitoring and Laboratory Division
P.O. Box 2815
Sacramento, CA 95812