Looking for a new challenge in a fast paced team atmosphere? As a Staff Services Manager II in the Division of Procurement and Contracts you will provide direction and leadership to the procurement Office, including up to 3 staff service managers and up to 20 procurement analysts and support staff. As a liaison with the Districts and Programs you will have the opportunity to provide direction and consultation on a variety of procurement issues and take a proactive approach in finding innovative solutions to their procurement needs. A positive attitude and a commitment to build and maintain strong relationships is a must.
Interested individuals should submit a STD. 678 Examination/Employment Application to the address listed. Please indicate PARF # 22-3-311 and method of eligibility in the Explanations Box of the application and attach a copy of exam results (if applicable). All SROA/surplus applicants must attach a copy of their letter.
Along with your application you must submit a Statement of Qualifications (SOQ). A SOQ is a discussion of the candidate’s experience that would qualify him/her for this position. The SOQ should be no more than 2 pages in length, addressing the items noted below. Resumes are optional and do not take the place of the SOQ.
• Demonstrated knowledge of public procurement requirements including, but not limited to, Public Contract Code and Government Code.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as liaison between headquarters functional divisions and the Districts in providing interpretation and clarification of specific instructions, policies, standards and practices.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to serve on or lead cross-functional statewide or corporate teams assigned to resolve complex problems.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, supervisory, leadership and management skills, including excellent willingness to proactively work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and to make clear and convincing presentations in formal settings.
Applications will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. E-mailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.