Join Us! We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, committed nutrition education professional to join our Education and Nutrition Policy team. You would be responsible for coordinating both within the California Department of Education (CDE) and with child care and school-based partners to plan, develop, implement, and promote nutrition and food service education programs consistent with State and U.S. Department of Agriculture nutrition initiatives. You would be a member of a supportive and dedicated team that works closely together to promote the health and well being of our nation’s children and families.
- Flexible: Willing to learn about the Child Nutrition and other CDE Programs
- Leadership: Effectively prioritizes important tasks, juggling multiple priorities; motivates and supports other team members to work toward enhancing quality nutrition services and choices
- Team Player: Supports and collaborates with colleagues, staff, and other stakeholders
- Innovation: Looks for new ways to improve current systems to maximize and leverage funding
- Customer Service: Promotes and integrates feedback from internal and external customers
- Correspondence: Reviews, writes, and approves high quality reports, memos, and sensitive documents
Travel: Willing to travel up to 20 percent
WHO MAY APPLY
Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement) may apply. An individual who possesses either a valid California administration credential or life diploma of equivalent authorization; or a master or doctorate degree in Education or subjects related to nutrition education (may be substituted for the credential) will be required to present that document prior to appointment. Current registration with the American Dietetic Association may also be substituted for the credential requirement. May consider Nutrition Education Assistants for recruitment purposes. Employment provisions as outlined by the California Department of Human Resources’ State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. Current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
Candidates MUST include PC# 4792 on the title section of your state application, otherwise your application may not be considered for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a State Application (Form 678) to:
CDE-Nutrition Services Division
Education Nutrition Policy Unit
1430 N Street, Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA, 95814
Attn: Christina Volkoff -Shoemaker
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: July 2, 2013
||174 - 190 - 2261 -
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
NUTRITION EDUCATION ASSISTANT $24.89 - $36.51 |
.7 time base
|Final Filing Date:
|Nutrition Services Division
1430 N Street, Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA 95814