Title: SENIOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SUPERVISOR) Salary: $5,850.00 - $7,465.00 Posted: 05/28/2013
Interested individuals should submit a STD 678, Examination and/or Employment Application to the address listed under “Contact Information”. Please indicate your eligibility and reference the position number/location in the “Job Title” section of the application. The STD. 678 can be accessed through the State Personnel Board’s website at www.spb.ca.gov.
***Applications will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview.***
Applications WILL NOT be accepted via e-mail. All hiring methods will be considered.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR MULTIPLE POSITIONS YOU MUST SUBMIT A STATE APPLICATION FOR EACH POSITION.
This position is located at R. J. Donovan Correctional Facility (RJD):
CSFO/RJD: Under the general direction of the EIS Data Processing Manager III (DPMIII), the Senior Information Systems Analyst, Supervisor (Senior ISA Supv.) will perform lead functions within the California Department of Corrections’ Division of Adult Institutions IT Field Support Unit. This position includes planning, and implementing projects, studies and other work independently that relates directly to customer field support activities. The Senior ISA (Supv.) provides administrative direction to the IT Field Support Staff with assignments in terms of broadly defined mission and objectives. The Senior ISA (Supv.) manages the problem resolution process within an Adult Institution. This process includes the incident/service request process, escalation process, desktop support functions, and project management activities. Management functions include, but are not limited to, assigning and coordinating the work related to service disruptions and incidents, equipment installation, the enforcement of workstation standards, asset inventory management, problem management, reporting, and mobile (wireless) device administration as well as personnel related administration.
The actual duties of the Senior ISA (Supv.) include, but are not limited to, the following within the Adult Institutions:
50% - Team Supervision
• Provides leadership and direction to the IT support staff in workload management.
• Assists in budgetary, contractual, and administrative requirements;
• Identifies and apply requirements of oversight and regulatory agencies;
• Acts as technical advisor to the IT Field Staff within Adult Institutions.
• Cooperates with the third level of IT Support at EIS (application development, database, operations and security) to troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered in the field.
• Performs IT team position’s personnel management within the Senior ISA’s area.
• Creates and implements policies, standards and procedures;
• Conducts seminars, conferences, and presentations;
• Create/implements and/or modifies service level agreements;
• Develops contingency plans;
• Documents workstation/mobile device configuration standards;
• Makes application, production and operation presentations to management;
• Develops impact assessments of proposed executive and legislative changes.
35% Operations (routine tasks and activities)
• Coordinates and controls the implementation of customer support, desktop/mobile device support, and network administrative support services in the Adult Institutions;
• Oversees the problem management process and escalates issues to appropriate EIS servicing units;
• Collects, monitors and reports costs, schedules, and benefits for department customer support, production, operations and desktop support services and projects;
• Provide metrics on services to support service level agreements;
• Composes and/or reviews network communication alerts, disruptions, and planned outages;
• Develops, tests, and implements customer support center services and related procedures;
• Generates workload and status reports using the Department’s IT workload tracking tool
• Conducts, reviews, and tests training materials associated with Information Technology System Administrator requirements; and
•Prepare/reviews status reports on various assigned projects.
15% Methodologies, Standards, Training and other:
• Participates in the formulation of policies for project initiation;
• Develops methodologies and standards for systems development, implementation and maintenance;
• Participates in division and section meetings and other activities as required;
• Performs or directs troubleshooting of complex problems in production environment;
• Requests system changes through the change control and configuration management;
• Reviews plans, designs and system specifications developed by other project managers;
All hires are subject to hiring freeze and/or budget approval
SENIOR INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SUPERVISOR)
065 - 638 - 1340 - 009
480 Alta Road, San Diego
Final Filing Date:
Enterprise Information Services 1940 Birkmont Dr Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.