The Air Resources Board (ARB) is located in the beautiful CalEPA building in downtown Sacramento. We are located close to light rail, and offer Golden 1 ATM access, an exercise room, an on-site childcare center, and a cafeteria. If you are looking for a challenge and diversity in a contracting workload, this is the place to be! Come join our team to develop contracts that support improving the quality of California's air and reducing the effects of global warming at one of the world's most respected environmental agencies, ARB.
Under the general direction of the Contract Services Section Supervisor, SSM I, the successful incumbent coordinates pre-award and some post-award contract activities for both IT services and non-IT services in conformance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, policies and procedures. Contract services are centralized at ARB, requiring the analyst to: Serve as the liaison between program staff, contractors, legal, and control agencies; Review and analyze requests for contract services from ARB programs; explain options and advise program staff; make recommendations for the most efficient and effective methods to obtain the services needed; identify and resolve problems; develop, review, and release all solicitation documents; receive bids/proposals, conduct public cost openings, and conduct and coordinate evaluations and final reports; develop contracts and supporting documentation; and assist with resolving post-award issues and disputes.
We are looking for an associate level candidate that possesses all of the following:
- Experience with conducting competitive solicitations and coordinating contracts;
- Knowledge of the Public Contract Code; Government Code; State Contracting Manuals Volumes 1, 2, and 3; and other contracting rules, regulations, policies, and procedures;
- The ability to work with minimal supervision by being a self-motivator and a team player;
- Excellent organization, analytical, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively work with staff at all levels;
- The ability to handle changing priorities, and work under pressure within time constraints;
- A record of dependability and reliability; and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Access).
Candidates must have experience with California State Contracting and be an experienced analyst.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Qualified Staff Services Analyst candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed. This vacancy may be subject to SROA/Surplus provisions. Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their surplus letter with a completed standard State application (STD 678). On page one of your State application you must clearly indicate the basis of your eligibility: list appointment, transfer, SROA, surplus, re-employment, or reinstatement.
If interested, please submit a completed standard State application (STD 678), cover letter, and resume demonstrating how he/she meets the experience requirements to the attention of Belinda Patton at the address below. Please note that you are applying for the Contract Analyst position.
|Associate Governmental Program Analyst
||673 - 847 - 5393 - xxx
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL) $2,817.00 - $4,579.00 |
|Final Filing Date:
|Administrative Services Division
1001 I Street - 20th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814