RESOURCES RECYCLING & RECOVERY (CALRECYCLE), DEPARTMENT OF
Title: PROGRAM TECHNICIAN Salary: $2,280.00 - $2,975.00 Posted: 05/23/2013
Job Description: *PLEASE INDICATE RPA #12-329 & Pos #427-9927-920 IN THE “JOB TITLE” SECTION OF THE STANDARD STATE APPLICATION OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
The Recycling Program Certification and Registration Branch’s Industry Services Section Account Management Unit (AMU) is recruiting for a Program Technician. This unit is responsible for assisting registered Beverage Manufacturers and Distributors to stay in compliance with the California Beverage Container Recycling and Litter Reduction Act in their responsibility to report and remit payments of applicable processing fees (PF) and California Redemption Value (CRV) to the Department.
Under the direct supervision of the AMU Supervisor, the Program Technician will perform the following:
• Maintain, update and make improvements to AMU Customer Service Information (CSI) system which is an Access based program designed to create reports and perform other account management functions by extracting data from the Division of Recycling Integrated Information System (DORIIS).
• Create monthly reports using CSI for AMU’s staff and supervisor. The reports include, but are not limited to, the following: monthly account management report, cleared non-reporter reports, returned mail reports, under-payer dunning letter holds report, and so on.
• Use DORIIS to assist in management of Beverage Manufacturer and Distributor (BMDS) account information. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: input and update BMDS contact information such as names, phone numbers and addresses, document actions taken on accounts such as phone conversations, and review data and correct errors found in system.
• Assist unit staff in contacting newly registered BMDS via phone calls to provide informational and basic BMDS reporting and payment requirements based on the California Beverage Container Recycling & Litter Reduction Act
• Access database programming experience
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Suites and Oracle
• Good organizational and time management skills.
Candidates who are currently in this class, have list eligibility to this class, or have eligibility to transfer to this class or candidates who are designated Surplus/SROA will be considered. Surplus/SROA candidates must include a copy of their surplus notice with their application. Training and Development assignments and/or alternative classifications may be considered. All interested applicants must submit a standard state application (Form Std. 678) with an original signature, along with a resume to the contact person identified on this bulletin. Clearly indicate the basis of eligibility in the explanation section of the Std. 678. Emailed and/or faxed applications cannot be accepted at this time. Only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed.
835 - 427 - 9927 - 920
801 K Street
Final Filing Date:
DOR/Certification Branch, Industry Services Sec. P.O. Box 4025, MS 19A Sacramento, 95812-4025
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.