FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: OFFICE SERVICES MANAGER I
Salary: $3,975.00 - $4,831.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Administrator I, the incumbent works as part of the ICBS management team in planning, organizing, and directing staff performing manual processing, imaging and cashiering processing and section technical support. The manager trains and develops subordinate supervisory staff on all aspects of their job while ensuring the timely and efficient processing of all workloads; may be responsible for managing staff at the Tax Program Supervisor, Tax Program Technician I & II, Tax Program Assistant, Key Data Supervisor I, Key Data Operator, and Seasonal level.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Familiarity with Franchise Tax Board's organization, operations and programs
- Demonstrates ability to foster and encourage positive relationships, create job satisfaction, encourage success, and demonstrates empathy and understanding
- Develops and applies the appropriate communication style to a wide range of situations
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain cooperative working relationships with others at all levels
- Ability to gather information, analyze problems, develop and evaluate alternatives and risks, determine a course of action, implement a plan, while delegating tasks to meet the desired results efficiently and effectively
- Ability to anticipate the impact of change and demonstrate flexibility and willingness to embrace changes and successfully lead difficult change efforts
- Ability to operate job related equipment, including a personal computer and the use of basic computer programs and systems related to the job
- Knowledge of the ICBS processes and procedures
- Sense of humor
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type-written page in length, using 12-point font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner. Respond to the following supplemental question:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Patty Yamamoto at M/S L-150. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- Describe a situation where you had to prioritize various critical workloads and assignments in order to meet tight deadlines.
- What was the situation?
- What actions did you take?
- What was the outcome?
- Were you satisfied with the outcome, why or why not?
- Please include the following in your response:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
|Office Services Manager I
||564 - 740 - 1103 - 001
|Information Capture & Banking Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.