FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: SYSTEMS SOFTWARE SPECIALIST III (TECHNICAL)
Salary: $6,110.00 - $7,796.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the manager and supervisor of the MF System Software Support Section, the incumbent acts as an expert level technical specialist and lead on the most complex mainframe systems software/hardware assignments. Master level skills in the architectural concepts, installation, customization, maintenance, support, testing and backup recovery of Unix/Linux Operating System services. Responsibilities include being on-call outside of regular working hours as needed and acting as the back-up to the System Software Support Section.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Please see the Systems Software Specialist II / III (Technical)classification specification for specific required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Master level experience in project management and act as project lead or SME in providing training and guidance.
- Master level experience working with UNIX and Linux, use of VI, USS, HFS, HTTP, FTP and scripting.
- Master level experience in performing USS component upgrades and apply software patches.
- Master level experience in troubleshooting, analytics and diagnostics, along with exceptional communication and triage abilities.
- Master level experience in Linux network configuration, LVM, Vswitches, cloning and cluster solution.
- Master level experience in performance tuning of z/OS runtime environments and web services.
- Interacts well with others and maintains a positive cooperative attitude.
- Highly experience with digital certificates and ciphers, SSL protocols, LDAP authentication, FSP and ACL.
- Strong understanding of Client server architectures.
- Experience in Java/J2EE, XML, HTML, C++, developer tools.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in HFS and ZFS auditing concepts,
- Ability to multitask with minimal direction while maintaining excellent customer service skills
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, your basis of eligibility in the EXPLANATIONS box of the std 678 (example: List, Lateral, Reinstatement, etc.), and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Teresa Anderson at M/S l-120. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- Describe your experience with mainframe operating systems and changes, product installation and maintenance, in addition to your day to day customer support.
- What were some of your responsibilities involving mainframe?
- What were some of the challenges you faced?
|z/OS Systems Software Specialist
||564 - 776 - 1367 - 003
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE SPECIALIST II (TECHNICAL) $5,561.00 - $7,097.00 |
|System Software Support / Unix System Services
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.