Title: ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) Salary: $4,619.00 - $5,897.00 Posted: 05/17/2013
Please reference RPA #6308 and state eligibility on your application
The Department of General Services is subject to the Personal Leave Program 2012/2013
(PLP 2012/2013), effective July 1, 2012 for 12 consecutive pay periods through June 2013.
The salary reduction is 4.62% less the base salary rate above.
• Please submit a completed State Application (STD 678) and resume to the address above.
• SROA/Surplus employees are encouraged to apply.
• Transfers, reinstatements, or recruitment from the employment list may be considered. Consideration may be given to applicants on another Department’s employment list, provided the criteria are met to transfer the eligibility from the employment list to DGS’ employment list.
• Applications will be evaluated based on eligibility and desirable qualifications and interviews may be scheduled.
All duties are performed in accordance with DGS Enterprise Technology (ET) standards and in compliance with DGS Information Security Policies and Procedures, manufacturer’s specifications, ETS ET procedures and the State Administrative Manual (SAM).
Under the general supervision of a Data Processing Manager II and Staff Information Systems Analyst (Supervisor) of the Enterprise Workspace Services – Customer Care (CC) section, the incumbent performs full journey level work in support of Enterprise Technology (ET) systems. The incumbent is responsible for complex analytical and technical duties that are described below.
In order to provide quality ET Customer Service support in accordance with above guidelines
• Evaluates, analyzes and resolves complex technical hardware and software problems by using industry and Department’s best practices and vendor instructions as applicable.
• Responds to customer service inquiries via email, telephone, or remotely in a timely manner and in accordance with the ETS established service level agreements.
• Ensure customers have access to products and services supported.
• Ensure products and services supported are up and running.
• Troubleshoots and resolves work stoppages and failures for our DSA San Diego and outlying Customers.
• Provides onsite Help Desk support as required.
• Accurately inputs and records all customer service work request and incidents by utilizing and analyzing work request software including but not limited to Remedy.
• Travels offsite to customer’s supported locations to resolve work requests and incidents.
In order to maintain a standardized computing environment by utilizing Enterprise Technology Solution’s (ETS) procedures:
• Prepares computer(s) for deployment by utilizing computer imaging software tools and procedures.
• Provides complex help for supported personal computer environment from inception to surplus.
• Documents computer settings physically or remotely by analyzing existing hardware and software settings.
• Configures complex software utilizing established installation procedures.
• Creates and updates computer image masters to maintain DGS hardware standard.
• Deploys computer equipment throughout California as required.
• Troubleshoots and provides printer and other hardware support not covered by Vendor.
In order to facilitate the automation of manual tasks, in accordance the above guidelines
• Researches possible hardware or software tools using the internet.
• Consults with industry experts by attending technical seminars and training classes.
• Analyzes options to evaluate products by installing products in a test environment.
• Prepares written recommendations to management using product specifications and supporting detail analysis.
In order to provide accurate office procedures and hardware/software installation instructions in accordance with above guidelines
• Modifies or creates procedures and installation instructions using the department’s standard office productivity tools.
• Participates in Microsoft Office Foundation Framework Subject Matter Expert documentation as required.
• Tests installation procedures and instructions by using internal procedures and best practice methodologies.
Provides complex technical direction and guidance to peers in order to complete assignments using written and verbal communication, in accordance with all office procedures.
Communicates with high level management, customers and peers, in order to provide up to date status on tasks and projects, using email, meetings, and written status reports, in accordance with office communication plan.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; viewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies in order to have the latest expertise in the IT field.
In order to adhere to DGS IT purchasing policies and procedures, provides ET technical information to clients for the completion of the Desktop and Mobile Computing Justification form.
KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: Principles of public administration, organization, and management; information technology systems equipment, software, and practices; analytical techniques; technical report writing.
Ability to: Analyze information and situations, identify and solve problems, reason logically, and draw valid conclusions; develop effective solutions; apply creative thinking in the design of methods of processing information with information technology systems; monitor and resolve problems with information technology systems hardware, software, and processes; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; communicate effectively.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Window Operating Systems including XP and Win 7.
• Experience with the development\creation of software images.
• Experience writing VB scripts.
• Experience troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
• Networking essentials knowledge.
• Experience maintaining and troubleshooting printers.
• Experience supporting Smart Phones and other mobile devices.
• Experience with remote control tools.
• Experience with Remedy and other Help Desk software tools.
• Ability and willingness to be customer friendly and provide customer oriented support.
• Ability to act independently, be open-minded and flexible to other ideas and solutions, and be tactful.
• Take initiative to get work done.
• Work effectively under tight time constraints, client demands, and the pressure of multiple deadlines.
• Coordinate the activities of technical personnel.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to receive and follow direction from supervisors.
• Excellent analytical skills to troubleshoot problems and to offer alternatives for problem resolution.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and thoroughly.
• Ability to prepare effective reports.
• Ability to maintain required job schedule.
• Ability to focus attention on details and follow work rules.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, be creative, highly motivated and handle rapidly changing priorities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL ABILITIES:
• Busy IT 2nd level desktop support environment requiring effective handling of multiple deadlines and sensitive issues.
• Willingness to work overtime on an occasional basis.
• Willingness to drive a state vehicle to attend meetings and deliver equipment for up to distances of 400 miles.
• Must possess a valid automobile California Driver’s license.
• Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling.
• Must be able to lift IT equipment weighting up to 50 pounds with the assistant of lifting devices.
• May be required to carry a cell phone to respond to calls.
Associaye Information Systems Analyst (Specialist)
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.