FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ASSOCIATE OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $4,400.00 - $5,348.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The INC Liaison Desk is searching for a talented indvidual to join our team. Under the general direction of the Administrator I, the incumbent will be a member of the INC Liaison and Training team. The incumbent will perform tasks at the journey level, identifying the most productive INC cases for staff to work. The incumbent will use database querying/business intelligence tools (i.e. Business Objects) to access and analyze data to identify trends and design reports that will turn statistical data into intelligent information for staff and managers in the Non - Filer program.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of PIT and/or BE Tax Law.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills, techniques and business writing.
- Ability to effectively deal with the public and establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to handle changing priorities,work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to adjust work schedule to meet operational needs.
- Strong organizational and multi tasking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word,PowerPoint).
- Experiecne working with TI, BETS, INC, ARCS & WASS.
- Experience working with Business Objects tool.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type-written page in length, using 12-point Arial font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, your basis of eligibility in the EXPLANATIONS box of the std 678 (example: List, Lateral, Reinstatement, etc.), and must be signed. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: LaJena Jordan at M/S F-180. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Multiple positions may exist for this vacancy.
- The Quality Assurance Specialist is required to gather, analyze and provide a report on various information to internal and external customers. Describe a time when you had to research an issue, analyze your findings and then generate a response to internal customers.
- What was the situation?
- What did you do?
- What factors did you consider when developing your communication approach?
- What was the result?
- For each statement above, include the following:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
|Quality Assurance Specialist
||564 - 765 - 5334 - 001
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL) $2,817.00 - $4,446.00 |
|Filing Enforcement, INC Liaison Desk
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.