Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I Salary: $3,658.00 - $4,446.00 Posted: 05/13/2013
The reporting location for this position is at Headquarters located in Sacramento. This position will work under the direction of the Deputy Director, Administrative Services. This position serves as the assistant to the Deputy Director. The incumbent has responsibility for and assists the Deputy Director with a broad array of administrative detail and non-routine work, including but not limited to the following:
• Coordinates, evaluates, and provides detailed analysis on a wide range of issues or requests which come to the Deputy Director from the public, other governmental agencies, and high level officials and staff;
• Researches confidential and sensitive issues. Analyzes, assigns, and tracks assignments/projects to various program managers and subordinate staff;
• Independently composes and signs correspondence. Reviews all incoming correspondence prepared for the Deputy Director’s signature. Prepares reports and other documents.
• Screens, redirects, and/or responds to calls and written requests from the Governor’s Office and the Legislature on behalf of the Deputy Director;
• Develops office procedures and operating systems and coordinates with support sections on personnel matters, purchasing needs, and information systems support;
• Maintains the Deputy Director’s calendar. Schedules meetings for and with the Deputy Director.
The incumbent must have knowledge of principles, problems and methods of public and business administration; office management principles, methods and procedures; and knowledge and experience with office equipment, including personal computers utilizing Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. The incumbent must have the ability to organize and establish workload priorities and work well under pressure; work effectively both independently and cooperatively with others; reason well and use good judgment; exercise initiative and flexibility; and carry out assignments without detailed instructions. State housing is not available. For further information regarding this position, please contact Katerina Jose at (916) 653-0528 or Katerina.Jose@parks.ca.gov.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.