Under the direct supervision of the Staff Services Manager II of the Board of Equalization’s (BOE) Space Management Unit, the Staff Services Analyst monitors the property repair and maintenance of BOE field office properties within the State, as well as three out-of-state offices. The analyst monitors BOE’s facility agreements and contracts to ensure that the Department of General Services (DGS) property management provides all contracted services. The analyst performs work of average difficulty and complexity for BOE relocation/expansion projects, leased facility projects and special administrative projects. The analyst prepares analytical report assignments with related costs and budget documentation. The analyst coordinates with contractors, vendors, and staff in facility projects. We are looking for an individual who is responsive, creative, customer-focused and professional. The position is located in a high-rise building. Travel required 10% of the time. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: In addition to the STD. 678 not more than a two-page typed response to the following questions must be submitted with your application. Applications submitted without a completed questionnaire will not receive further consideration for this position.
1) How does your educational background, training and experience relate to this Staff Services Analyst position?
2) What are the steps you typically use to approach an analytical assignment?
3) What are the most important aspects of managing multiple high priorities?
4) What is a project you have worked on? Include a description of your role in this project and the outcome.
5) Describe a situation in which you assisted a customer or client. What level of contact did you have with them? What specific actions did you take to assist the customer or client? What was the end result?
290 - 391 - 5157 - 037
Administration/Admin. Support Division
Final Filing Date:
Administration/Admin. Support Division 450 N Street, MIC: 21 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.