The Secretary of State (SOS), Management Services Division is seeking to fill two permanent, full-time Accounting Officer/Accountant Trainee positions to perform a variety of Accounts Payable functions for a fast paced organization. The position is located in downtown Sacramento, near Light Rail, K Street Mall, and other amenities in the rich architectural styled SOS building.
Under general supervision of the Senior Accounting Officer (Supervisor), the incumbent is responsible for processing payments for a variety of contracts, purchase orders, work orders, training requests, direct payment invoices, coding of documents, revolving fund transactions and entering data using the CALSTARS Accounting System.
• Possess basic knowledge of State Accounting principles and practices.
• Knowledge and experience in processing a variety of encumbered and non-encumbered invoices.
• Must be able to work well with peers, other SOS division accounting liaisons, and external vendors to resolve any discrepancies as they occur.
• Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, and provide exceptional customer service.
• Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to a changing work environment.
• The desired candidate has the ability to learn quickly and have good interpersonal and organizational skills.
• The incumbent must be resourceful, enthusiastic, and demonstrate initiative and be self-motivated.
• Good attendance is especially desirable.
Who Can Apply:
Incumbents currently at the Accounting Officer/Accountant Trainee level or those who have transfer, list or reinstatement eligibility for appointment to these classifications. Accountant Trainees will be considered and duties to will be adjusted commensurate with the level of position. Appointment is subject to the State Restriction of Appointment (SROA) provisions. Applications will be screened and only the most competitive candidates will be interviewed.
785 - 200 - 4546 - 017
Will also consider hiring a(n)
ACCOUNTANT TRAINEE $3,240.00 - $3,751.00
Final Filing Date:
Human Resources 1500 - 11th Street Room 475 Sacramento, 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.