Title: MANAGER I STATE COMPENSATION INSURANCE FUND Salary: $5,370.00 - $6,477.00 Posted: 05/03/2013
THIS VACANCY MAY BE RESTRICTED TO STATE SROA/SURPLUS & GEN RE-EMPLOYMENT CANDIDATES. TRANSFER AND REINSTATEMENT CANDIDATES MAY BE CONSIDERED. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT CANDIDATES MAY ALSO BE CONSIDERED. IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT A COMPLETED STATE APPLICATION FORM (STD 678), A RESUME, (AND A COPY OF YOUR SROA/SURPLUS LETTER). APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AND/OR RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 17, 2013. PLEASE REFERENCE 'BF10769' ON APPLICATION.
Los Angeles Field Operations has an immediate Regional Marketing and Loss Control Manager vacancy. This position will be filled at the Manager I classification level. This position will report to the Los Angeles Regional Vice President.
The Regional Marketing and Loss Control Manager is responsible for implementing business processes that deliver market leading service experience in the Loss Control and Marketing functions and to oversee and manage the loss control and marketing units to achieve the Budget Plan objectives in compliance with corporate guidelines, procedures and regulatory advisories. Working knowledge of auditing and underwriting principals is also desired.
The successful candidate will interact with other functions on a regular basis to meet and achieve the operational needs and assigned objectives. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring training, development, appraising and discipline of subordinate supervisory and/or rank and file staff; planning organizing, directing and controlling the operations of the regional loss control and marketing departments. The successful candidate will contribute to the Field Operations and Regional management team, uphold principles of integrity in the workplace, and help in the retention of State Fund customers. Only the most qualified candidates will be interviewed.
The additional main functions of this position are as follows:
1. Manage and coordinate special projects as assigned by Regional Office or Corporate management
2. Outreach to the broker community regarding State Fund initiatives, preferred brokerage performance plans and the broker contracts
3. Organization/participation in seminars and other educational events related to broker and policyholders needs and State Fund internal training
4. Represent at trade shows, events, conventions and meetings
The successful candidate should possess the following qualities and skills:
1. Ability to travel statewide, with overnight stays as needed
2. Ability and willingness to participate including travel to Broker and Policyholder networking events outside of the State Fund office and traditional working hours
3. Ability to both motivate and train others, with the goal of superior performance
4. Ability to both efficiently organize work and manage time, while adjusting the workloads of others
5. Hire and effectively promote equal opportunity in employment and maintain a work environment free of discrimination and harassment
Regional Marketing and Loss Control Manager
402 - 360 - 9310 -
Final Filing Date:
Human Resources 2275 Gateway Oaks Dr Sacramento, 95833
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.