The reporting location for this position is the Mobile Equipment Warehouse located at 4940 Lang Avenue at McClellan Park in the north Sacramento area. This position will work under the direction of the Chief of Mobile Equipment. The Equipment Engineer is assigned to the Mobile Equipment Program and primary responsibilities include assisting with the engineering analysis, procurement, inspections, and distribution of the Department’s Mobile Equipment. Responsibilities also include providing engineering support, such as failure analysis, design verification, preparation of design and contract drawings, emission upgrades/retrofits, preparation of cost estimates, checking of drawings and construction submissions, field inspections and other related work. The position will process invoices and purchase documents; add equipment into State Parks Asset Management Database (Maximo 7.5), and update the purchasing web enabled database. Responsibilities also include providing analytical support, such as preparation of vehicle usage reports, and equipment allocations. This position sometimes requires statewide travel.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to organize and establish workload priorities and work well under pressure
• Ability to exercise initiative and flexibility
• Ability to work effectively both independently and cooperatively with others
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, and possess excellent engineering skills
• Ability to follow verbal and written direction
• Ability to reason well, analyze and use good judgment
• Good working knowledge of Excel
• Dependable, punctual, with an excellent attendance record
• Ability to operate heavy equipment
• Class A California driver’s license is preferred, a valid Class C California driver’s license is required
Training and Development assignments will be considered. State housing is not available. For further information regarding this position, please contact Case Belltawn at (916) 870-9121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.