Title: FISH AND WILDLIFE SCIENTIFIC AID Salary: $11.58 - $13.34 Posted: 05/01/2013
Job Description: Minimum Qualifications:
• Two years of college with 10 semester units in biology or other natural resource related studies
• Possession of a valid California driver’s license
Desired Knowledge and Abilities:
• Comprehension of fish and wildlife science and conservation practices
• Familiarity with ecological and/or fisheries management principles
• Good writing skills
• Word processing and data entry skills
• Good organizational skills and ability to keep accurate records
• Assist the project lead with collecting aquatic and terrestrial plants from the Merced River and its floodplains. Perform field identification of local flora. Assist with other field monitoring projects if needed
• Assist the project lead with preparing collect plant samples for isotopic analysis and perform identification of plant samples to species level. Mill and weigh plant samples. Assist other laboratory crews with various laboratory tasks if needed
• Assist with various project’s equipment maintenance and calibration
• Various administrative tasks as needed
Contact: Steve Tsao, (209) 853-2533 extension 6, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Mail or fax a standard State Application Form (STD 678) and/or resume to:
Department of Fish and Wildlife
Tuolumne River Restoration Center
PO Box 10, La Grange, CA 95329
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering equal opportunity to all regardless of sex, race, religion, ancestry, disability, or sexual orientation.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.