Title: FISH AND WILDLIFE SCIENTIFIC AID Salary: $11.58 - $13.34 Posted: 05/01/2013
Job Description: Minimum Qualifications:
• Two years of college with 10 semester units in biology or other natural resource related studies
• Possession of a valid California driver’s license
Desired Knowledge and Abilities:
• Comprehension of fish and wildlife science and conservation practices
• Familiarity with ecological and/or fisheries management principles
• Good writing skills
• Word processing and data entry skills
• Good organizational skills and ability to keep accurate records
• Assist the project lead with collecting aquatic and terrestrial plants from the Merced River and its floodplains. Perform field identification of local flora. Assist with other field monitoring projects if needed
• Assist the project lead with preparing collect plant samples for isotopic analysis and perform identification of plant samples to species level. Mill and weigh plant samples. Assist other laboratory crews with various laboratory tasks if needed
• Assist with various project’s equipment maintenance and calibration
• Various administrative tasks as needed
Contact: Steve Tsao, (209) 853-2533 extension 6, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: Mail or fax a standard State Application Form (STD 678) and/or resume to:
Department of Fish and Wildlife
Tuolumne River Restoration Center
PO Box 10, La Grange, CA 95329
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering equal opportunity to all regardless of sex, race, religion, ancestry, disability, or sexual orientation.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.