FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: SENIOR COMPLIANCE REPRESENTATIVE, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $4,619.00 - $5,616.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of an Administrator I, the Senior Compliance Representative (SCR) performs complex compliance activities such as providing technical support to collection staff to resolve complex technical and legal collection issues, for example, orders of examination, offers-in-compromise, objections to claims, etc.; analyze and provide recommendations on legislation; approve and issue illegal activity assessments; act in a lead capacity for Compliance Representatives and/or Tax Technicians; assist in the training and development of staff; and perform technical, staff, or administrative functions related to the enforcement or other departmental programs.
Positions are found in the Central Office and Sacramento Field Office where (1) the workload permits specialization and concentration within a workload of complex activities; or (2) incumbents act in a lead capacity for a group of Compliance Representatives or Tax Technicians, for a key compliance activity. Positions in the field office where incumbents resolve complex field collection cases including traveling to collect face to face.
Positions are currently available in:
Additional positions may be available in the following Bureaus:
- Business Entity Collection Bureau, Business Entity Complex Account Resolution Team (BE CART) and BE Collection Contact Center
- Division Support Bureau, Systems Analysis Team
- Field & Complex Account Collection Bureau, Sacramento Field Office and Complex Account Resolution Team (CART),
- PIT Billing, Compliance and Collection Bureau, PIT Collection and Resolution Section
- Statewide Collection Bureau, Account Recovery and Resolution Team (ARRT) and PIT Manual Process Proactive (PIT MP) Collections
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Business Entity Collection Bureau
- Division Support Bureau
- Field and Complex Account Collection Bureau
- PIT Billing, Compliance and Collection Bureau
- Special Programs Bureau
- Statewide Collection Bureau
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of Personal Income Tax (PIT) and/or Business Entity (BE) laws, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of FTB systems, such as TI, BETS, ARCS, ARMR, DMV, INC, BOE, SOS and Lexis Nexis
- Strong collection background and ability to work independently while exercising sound judgement
- Knowledge of Project Management Principles
- Ability to work collaboratively with management, peers and subordinates
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to shift priorities and/or workloads in order to achieve operational and/or program goals
- Ability and desire to train and develop staff
- Ability to identify Tax Gap issues
- Effective analytical, technical, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills to resolve customer issues effectively and efficiently
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Bilingual: Fluent in Spanish
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) may also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type written page in length, using 12-point font, (either Arial or Times New Roman) 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line, and must be signed. Please indicate your order of preference(s) for the position on your application. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Pamela Laffitte at M/S A-482. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
RPA 1213-0391 through 0407
- Provide a detailed example, in which you have used your skills and abilities to either successfully:
- Resolve a complex case or a business issue; or
- Negotiated an issue to resolution; or
- Coached and/or motivated others towards the accomplishment of a goal.
- Please include the following information as it relates to the situations(s) you describe in the supplemental application:
- Employer (s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
|Senior Compliance Representative, Collector & Lead
||564 - 620 - 8620 - 001
|Accounts Receivable Management Division, Various
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.