- Direct the formulation and implementation of strategies to carry out policies, programs, and priorities of the California Department of Education (CDE) and the State Board of Education (SBE) related to charter schools. Provide leadership and oversight in the development and administration of charter schools.
- Direct and supervise staff. Determine ongoing work assignments; review written documents for accuracy and completeness and to ensure consistency with CDE standards and policies; delegate responsibilities and special assignments; conduct performance evaluations; approve travel, leave, and training.
- Represent the CDE to various state, federal, and local level program representatives regarding funding, refinement, and modification of major implementation strategies related to charter schools.
- Monitor State Board of Education and Statewide Benefit Charters including performance on statewide assessments and state and federal accountability measures.
- Review the academic performance of charters including performance on statewide assessments, and state/federal accountability measures.
- Perform staff work necessary to complete sensitive or high priority projects.
Principles, practices and trends in public and private elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education; research and statistical methods; the California public and private school system, school administrative practices and the functions of the CDE; federal and state education laws and CDE rules and regulations and program planning techniques; the organization of the CDE; principles of employee development, training and supervision; the CDE's mission, goals, programs, and policies; the CDE’s Affirmative Action Program objectives, and a manager's role in affirmative action and labor relations, and the processes available to meet these program objectives. Ability to assume leadership and exercise creativity in the formulation and development of education programs; do complex research and analytical studies; apply educational policy; present ideas clearly and concisely in oral and written form; establish effective working relations; exercise tact, resourcefulness, and judgment with all groups contacted in the work; assume leadership and exercise creativity in the administration and evaluation of education programs; interpret educational policy; analyze situations accurately and take effective action; effectively and efficiently manage a staff and program within the resources provided; review and edit written documents; establish and maintain project and departmental priorities; work effectively with administrative personnel in CDE and in other governmental agencies; supervise subordinate staff; and effectively contribute to the CDE’s affirmative action objectives.
WHO MAY APPLY
Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement) may apply. An individual who possesses a master’s or doctorate degree, or a valid California administration credential or credential or life diploma of equivalent authorization must attach a copy of that document to their application. All applicants must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the “Explanations” section on the Standard Application Form (Std 678). Employment provisions as outlined by the California Department of Human Resources’ State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a State Application (Form 678) to:
Charter Schools Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Room 5401
Sacramento, CA 95814
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: May 13, 2013
||174 - 120 - 2657 -
|Final Filing Date:
|Charter Schools Division
1430 N Street, Suite 5401
Sacramento, CA 95814