For a complete Duty Statement, please contact Dannielle Carrillo at 916-375-4516 ***2 POSITIONS***
The Department of General Services’ (DGS) Core Values are key to the success of the Department’s Mission to “Deliver results by providing timely, cost-effective services and products that support our customers.” The Department of General Services (DGS) expects its employees to adhere to the DGS Core Values of Integrity, Accountability, Communication, Excellence, Innovation and Teamwork. Our employees are expected to perform their duties with these values in mind.
Staff Services Analyst will also be considered for recruitment purposes. The duty statement will be adjusted accordingly.
SELECTION CRITERIA – Please Reference RPA# 6311 or 6312 on your application
o Please submit a completed State Application (STD 678) and resume to the address above.
o SROA/Surplus/Re-employment employees are encouraged to apply.
o Transfers, reinstatements, training and development assignments, or recruitment from another eligibility list may be considered. Consideration may be give to applicants on another department’s employment list provided the criteria are met to transfer the eligibility from the employment list to DGS’s employment list.
o This position may be permanent at a later date.
o All methods of hire will be considered.
o Application will be evaluated based on eligibility and desirable qualifications and interviews may be scheduled.
This position is designated under the Conflict of Interest Code. The position is responsible for making, or participating in the making of governmental decisions that may potentially have a material effect on personal financial interests. The appointee is required to complete form 700 within 30 days of appointment. Failure to comply with the Conflict of Interest Code requirements may void the appointment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OVERVIEW
In order to provide eligible California businesses contracting and business opportunities with California state and local government, assists with processing requests for CMAS Contractor Certification in accordance with Public Contract Code (PCC) Sections 10290 et. seq and 12101.5.
• Review suppliers' offers and various application documents, including but not limited to the Federal GSA (General Services Administration) multiple award contracts for completion of mandatory information in accordance with CMAS guidelines as stated in the CMAS Contractor Application.
• Analyze applicable terms and conditions and corresponding product and/or services lists and prices, and determine whether the supplier's offer satisfactorily meets the CMAS contracting requirements.
• Analyze supplier's manufacturer authorizations and customer references (if applicable) to validate the supplier meets the qualifications, experience, and/or educational requirements as stipulated in the GSA contract and the CMAS Contractor Packet.
• Verify with various State resources (e.g. State Contract Licensing Board, Secretary of State, Office of Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Certification, Board of Equalization, etc.) to substantiate the supplier's current registration, certification, and or licenses are current and in good standing as required by law.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Principles, practices, and trends of public and business administration, management, and supportive staff services such as budgeting, personnel, and management analysis; governmental functions and organization.
Reason logically and creatively and utilize a variety of analytical techniques to resolve complex governmental and managerial problems; develop and evaluate alternatives; analyze data and present ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing; consult with and advise administrators or other interested parties on a wide variety of subject-matter areas; gain and maintain the confidence and cooperation of those contacted during the course of work; coordinate the work of others and act as a team leader.
• Knowledge of Public Contract Code, Government Code, State Administrative Manual, State Information Management Manual, and Uniform Commercial Code
• Familiarity with state procurement processes, including the Information Technology Procurement Plan process; Feasibility Study Report requirements, and State protest process
• Proficiency with personal computer and appropriate software programs and the internet. Experience with PowerPoint and MS Project desired but not required.
• Familiarity with IT and Telecom trends.
• Ability to write comprehensively, communicate with all levels of management, including executive and peers, attorneys, and external customers
WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM DUTIES:
• Professional office environment, appropriate business attire required.
• Daily use of phone, fax, copiers and general office and communication equipment.
• Occasional use of cell phone, pagers, and laptop computer.
• Frequent use of computer and related software applications and the Internet at a workstation.
• Sitting in a seated position for extended periods of time
• Occasional off-site meetings within Sacramento and occasional out-of-town meetings within California that may require the use of various transportation modes, i.e. airplane, taxi, car, etc.
• Use of a hand cart to transport documents and/or equipment up to 15-20 lbs., i.e. laptop computer, files, reference manuals, solicitation documents, etc.
SSA (G) or AGPA-2 positions available
306 - 504 - 5157 - 932
Will also consider hiring a(n)
ASSOCIATE GOVERNMENTAL PROGRAM ANALYST $4,400.00 - $5,348.00
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.