Job Description: Under the general direction of the Administrative Officer and consistent with good customer service practices and the goals of the State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) and the Regional Water Quality Control Boards Strategic Plan, the Associate Governmental Program Analyst is expected to act independently, exercise initiative, and demonstrate good judgment in making decisions. The Associate Governmental Program Analyst is responsible to the organization for performing the duties described below. In performing these duties, the incumbent shall be courteous and helpful to the public and all agency staff. The employee is responsible for quantity, quality, and timeliness of work submitted. Specific job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) WDR/NPDES FEE COORDINATOR: Serve as San Diego Water Board’s expert on all aspects of annual fees pertaining to WDR/NPDES permits.
2) CIWQS COORDINATOR: Serves the San Diego Water Board as a technical expert for the California Integrated Water Quality System (CIWQS) and related databases (e.g., SMARTS). Develop, document, oversee implementation of procedures and controls necessary to ensure data accuracy, accessibility, consistency, completeness, and to reduce data redundancy.
3) TRAINING COORDINATOR: Coordinate group training for technical and support staff. Provide new employees with appropriate orientation materials and schedule New Employee Orientation Training.
4) BUDGET AND PLANNING ASSISTANCE: Assist Administrative Officer with budget and planning tasks as needed to support operations.
5) HEALTH & SAFETY: In coordination with the State Water Board regional Health and Safety Coordinator, conduct safety inspections at least annually, of general office areas, State vehicles and boat, to identify unsafe conditions and work practices.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must possess a current Associate Governmental Program Analyst appointment or have list, transfer, or reinstatement eligibility to the Associate Governmental Program Analyst classification on a full time basis.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: We are seeking persons with experience in accounting, billing, budget preparation and tracking, contract management and training program development. Experience with and understanding of CIWQS is helpful. Applicants should possess excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills, both verbal and written. Applicants should have proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Applicants should possess a strong commitment to delivering quality service to customers and the ability to work effectively, either independently or as a team member, with the confidence and maturity necessary to interact successfully with all levels of employees and customers. Applicants should have ability to prioritize work on multiple tasks, manage time, and meet deadlines.
WHO MAY APPLY: Applications will be accepted from candidates with appointment eligibility to the Associate Governmental Program Analyst classification. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. Please send a Standard Examination Application (STD 678) and a resume detailing your employment experience and education to Sheila Christine McQuaid-Moran. Please write RPA 190-026 on your cover letter or application. Surplus/SROA provisions will be followed.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.