The Secretary of State (SOS), Management Services Division is recruiting to fill a permanent, full-time, Accounting Administrator I (Supervisor) position in the Accounting Office. The position is located in downtown Sacramento, near Light Rail, K Street Mall, and other amenities in the rich architectural-styled SOS building.
DUTIES: Under the general direction of the Fiscal Affairs Manager, the Accounting Administrator I (Supervisor) directs all accounting-related activities and administrative functions within the SOS' Accounting Office. Duties include, but are not limited to the following: Supervises, plans, organizes and directs all accounting operations to ensure the financial integrity of the SOS's office. Assumes full responsibility to execute the timely payment of all obligations and accounting of receivables by following the Financial Integrity and State Manager's Accountability Act of 1983, State Administrative Manual, Budget Letters, and other accounting laws, regulations, policies, and sound financial practices. The incumbent is responsible for all administrative functions in the accounting operations such as managing the unit budget, taking appropriate personnel actions, and representing the SOS in contacts with the Department of Finance, Department of General Services, State Controller’s Office, other State agencies, and vendors with regards to accounting management, procurement, and various contractual matters.
• Extensive experience in accounting/financial record keeping which includes a strong working knowledge of the State Accounting Process and CALSTARS
• Knowledge of principles, practices, and trends of public business administration; principles and practices of employee supervision, development, and training; and techniques for program and project management in a team environment.
• Knowledge of principles/practices to promote outstanding customer service.
• Knowledge of the legislative process, including fiscal and policy analysis of legislative proposals.
• Reason logically and creatively, and effectively communicates orally and in writing.
• Possess excellent organization and time management skills.
• Ability to act independently, use good judgment, and exercise initiative.
WHO CAN APPLY: Applicants must be a current State employee and be eligible for a permanent, full-time appointment at the Accounting Administrator I (Supervisor) level or have transfer/list or reinstatement eligibility or be on SROA or surplus lists for this classification. All appointments are subject to State Restriction of Appointment (SROA) provisions. Applications will be screened, and only the most competitive candidates will be interviewed.
WHERE TO APPLY: Submit your resume and a standard State application (STD 678) to:
Secretary of State
Management Services Division
Human Resources - Attn: Mike Scorza
1500 – 11th Street, Room 475
Sacramento, CA 95814
785 - 200 - 4549 - 001
Will also consider hiring a(n)
STAFF SERVICES MANAGER I $5,079.00 - $6,127.00
Final Filing Date:
Human Resources 1500 - 11th Street, Suite 475 Sacramento, 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.