To be considered for this position and granted an interview, you must complete and submit the Supplemental Questionnaire with your application. Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II, the Appeals Staff Analyst is responsible for performing professional, varied and complex research, analysis and formulation of program policies and procedures; working closely and providing advice and consultation to the Assistant Chief Counsel, Staff Services Manager II and Supervising Tax Counsel III. The incumbent works with considerable independence and performs a wide variety of responsible, complex and sensitive analytical staff services assignments relating to the appeal process, provides consultative services to management; develops, improves and carries out procedures for analysis; conducts or reviews analytical studies; identifies and proposes recommendations on issues affecting the Appeals Division; designs, creates, maintains and utilizes a variety of databases and systems for analyzing Appeals Division programs and activities. The position is in a high-rise building. All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
1. What is the Board’s policy on confidentiality?
2. Please describe your experience working in a legal office.
3. Please describe your experience and/or knowledge of the Board of Equalization’s appeals process.
4. Please describe your experience of working with databases.
5. Please describe your experience and/or knowledge of working in an enterprise content management platform system.
6. Please describe your ability to work as a team member on a project.
7. Please explain the analytical skills as applied towards the completion of a project.
8. Please describe your experience working with changing priorities concerning time-sensitive issues.
9. Please describe your ability to resolve complex issues.
10. With completed staff work in mind, please outline the steps, and list resources you would use when completing a special project assigned by executive management.
290 - 311 - 5157 - XXX
Legal Department - Appeals Division
Final Filing Date:
Legal Department - Appeals Division 450 N Street,, MIC: 04 Sacramento, CA, 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.