Title: STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,466.00 Posted: 04/10/2013
A position is available with the Media Production Services team at the California State Board of Equalization (BOE). The position will put your creative and technical skills to the test by producing online multi-media communication content for the BOE.
The encumbent will serve as a lead for web streaming services, internal video network broadcasts, the development and creation of online learning courses, the operation and management of a media production storage area network for the unit, and for the distribution of completed video content through various online and network distribution outlets.
We’re looking for someone who has experience with web broadcasting and who has produced a variety of online media projects at the professional level working in the private or government sector. Someone who is highly organized, proactive and a team player. The position calls for an individual who can serve as a project manager for the development of online learning courses and who will act as the lead BOE liason with contractors providing web streaming (broadcasting) services for monthly board meetings and other web broadcasting events.
Working closely with the Staff Services Manager, the Outreach Services Division, and the External Affairs Department the person in this position will interact with mid-to-upper level BOE management, BOE program staff, and Board Member staff. Good interpersonal skills are a definite plus. Travel required 10-15% of the time.
Must be willing to work in a high rise building. All applicants will be considered however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. For more information email for a copy of the Duty Statement.
**You must have current list eligibility or be a former or current state employee to apply for this position. Please clearly provide eligibility information on the state application.
Applicants must submit a completed state application (STD-678). For more information on how to become a state employee, please log on to www.jobs.ca.gov.
Staff Information Systems Analyst (Specialist) – Supplemental Questions
(Please answer questions below. Do not exceed 2 pages total for all responses.)
1. The position requires a high-degree of experience with web broadcasting including the knowledge, skills and abilities of digital video and sound capture (and recording). Please clearly describe your experience with web broadcasting.
2. The position requires the knowledge, skills, and ability to execute web broadcasts originating from many possible locations throughout the state. When executing a web broadcast from a remote location what elements are necessary and critical for a successful web broadcast?
3. The position requires the ability to develop, create, and produce from start-to-finish a variety of professional quality web based online learning courses which feature audio, video, and multi-media elements.
Describe the most recent web based online learning project you completed and specifically address the steps you took to develop the course.
4. The position requires the ability to effectively use many software applications. Please describe your experience with the software applications used for the creation of online learning courses, used for the encoding of video content for web distribution, and used for web broadcasting.
5. The position requires the ability to administer and manage a storage area network. Please describe your experience with the administration and management of a storage area network used within a media production unit.
290 - 343 - 1312 - XXX
Outreach Services Division
Final Filing Date:
Outreach Services Division 450 N Street, MIC:19 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.