Title: BUSINESS TAXES ADMINISTRATOR I, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00 Posted: 04/03/2013
All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. Under general direction of the Business Taxes Administrator II (Group B Supervisor) of the Return Analysis Unit (RAU), the Business Taxes Administrator I (Supervisor) of the RAU Technical Support Team supervises and manages a staff responsible for performing/supporting vital day-to-day operational functions associated with the billing, analysis, delinquency maintenance, desk audit and return processing activities of the RAU. The position is located in a high-rise building.
- Ensures compliance with BOE tax laws through a staff performing desk audits and compliance reviews of periodic returns and payments
- Leads and provides guidance to a team of professional personnel performing desk audits and reconciliations of reported transactions that affect taxpayer liability
- Interprets and applies provisions of the laws and rules administered by the BOE and the policies developed by the BOE to the billing, analysis, delinquency maintenance, desk audit and return processing activities of the RAU
- Participates in the development and interpreting tax auditing and compliance
Supplemental Questionnaire: In addition to the Standard State Application (STD. 678), a typed response to the following questions must be submitted with your application:
1) Please describe your experience as it relates to your knowledge of the Sales and Use tax law.
2) What experience do you have in the return processing area?
3) Please describe the experience that qualifies you for this position; including, but not limited to, reviewing completed staff work, working in a lead capacity, etc.
Applications received without the typed requirement will not be considered for review. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview. Please note, applications received via fax or e-mail will NOT be accepted.
290 - 481 - 4335 - 950
Final Filing Date:
SUTD/RAU 450 N Street, MIC: 35 Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.