The Department of General Services employees are impacted by the 2012 Personal Leave Program (PLP 2012) which provides for one day a month of unpaid leave through June 2013. The salary reduction from the base salary rates above is 4.62%. PENDING BUDGET APPROVAL
PLEASE INDICATE RPA #6134 ON YOUR STATE APPLICATION.
The Department of General Services’ (DGS) Core Values are key to the success of the Department’s Mission to “Deliver results by providing timely, cost-effective services and products that support our customers.” DGS expects its employees to adhere to the DGS Core Values of Integrity, Accountability, Communication, Excellence, Innovation and Teamwork. Our employees are expected to perform their duties with these values in mind. SELECTION CRITERIA - -
• SROA/Surplus employees are encouraged to apply.
• Transfers, reinstatements, or recruitment from the employment list may be considered. Consideration may be given to applicants on another Department’s employment list, provided the criteria are met to transfer the eligibility from the employment list to DGS’ employment list.
• Applications will be evaluated based on eligibility and desirable qualifications and interviews may be scheduled.
The Regional Office of the Division of the State Architect reviews plans for the construction of various state-funded projects. Under the general supervision of the Supervising Architect of the Project Services Section, the incumbent is responsible for reviewing, verifying, maintaining, and processing construction project files for closing. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The incumbent shall promote and be accountable for customer satisfaction and quality service and will initiate or recommend changes that promote innovative solutions to meet customer needs. Project File Maintenance & Verification
• Process incoming project submittals using the e-Tracker database, standard office procedures and the regulations governing the DSA program Title 24, California Code of Regulations.
• Properly invoice and close projects submitted to DSA following DSA procedure and Title 24 guidelines.
• Ensure that projects are correctly prepared for closing procedure upon approval from the District Structural Engineer.
• Respond to client inquiries in a timely manner.
• Assist in the coverage of the Front Reception area of the office. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONSInterpersonal Skills
• Ability to act independently and to work and contribute effectively in a team environment with all personnel.
• Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers.
• Dependable, reliable, adaptable, and punctual.
• Willingness to take direction from lead personnel. Additional Qualifications
• Intermediate personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet and routine database activity.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients and employees at all levels both verbally and in writing. WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL ABILITIES
• Professional office environment, business-casual dress.
• Read and interpret documents such as state regulations, statutes and procedure manuals.
• Effectively communicate information both verbally and in writing.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio and percent.
• Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.
• Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Move objects up to 45 lbs, such as project drawings and files.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.