FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR I FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Manager, Personnel Management Unit (Administrator II), the incumbent supervises Personnel Management Consultants responsible for performance management and progressive discipline functions within the unit. The incumbent provides coaching, mentoring and guidance to staff in the areas of sensitive employee issues and progressive discipline matters. As an Administrator I, the incumbent also streamlines current Human Resources practices, including reengineering efforts in an effort to enhance processes and improvements throughout the department/enterprise, and assists with the development and implementation of knowledge transfer opportunities to staff.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Experience providing consultation on the formal adverse action process.
- Experience working in a highly sensitive and confidential work environment.
- Experience providing consultation and training on the performance management and progressive disciplinary process.
- Experience conducting presentations to large groups of people.
- Experience developing/overseeing workforce and succession planning processes.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
- Involvement in a diversity of activites, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point Arial font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental questions:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Cecilia Labrie at M/S A-166. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- Please provide examples where you trained staff and/or management on the progressive discipline process.
- Please describe a situation where you had to make a recommendation to management on a highly sensitive and confidential employee issue. Explain the determining factors and if any policy or practices impacted the outcome of the resolution.
- Please include the following information as it relates to the situation(s) you describe in the supplemental application:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
||564 - 186 - 4358 - 002
|Personnel Management Unit
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.