This position is located at the Board of Equalization Headquarters in downtown Sacramento. Under the general direction of the Supervising Tax Auditor III, the Office Technician (Typing) performs a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties in a production environment. Incumbent performs as the Sales and Use Tax Department, Petitions Section unit secretary and must possess excellent typing, editing, and grammatical skills in order to enable timely preparation and completion of highly technical and complex correspondence. Candidate must be willing to work until 5:00 p.m. Responsibilities also include preparation and maintenance of section staff time keeping reports, attendance records, and employee benefit documentation. Applicants must have a demonstrated ability to successfully perform duties in an environment where time constraints are limited. All applicants will be considered, however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority. To be considered for what is expected to be a highly competitive process, applicants must complete and submit a Standard State Application (STD. 678), the information requested and response to the Supplemental Questionnaire below. The most qualified candidates will be identified and contacted for further evaluation. This position is located in a high rise building.
1. Describe in detail, your work experience involving preparing, editing, and finalizing technical correspondence involving tax law &/or audit methodology.
2. Describe examples of your work experience where you have successfully performed multiple tasks under tight time constraints.
3. Describe your experience with the State’s time keeping/reporting process from a unit responsibility perspective, and your experience with maintenance thereof.
4. Provide a copy of your most recent typing certificate and most recent Performance Appraisal (including contact information for your past 2 supervisors).
5. Provide (redacted) copies of 2 recent letters or memos that you consider demonstrate your best editing capability (this means a copy of each document before edits were made, and then the final document after edits were made).
290 - 462 - 1139 - 011
Sales & Use Tax Dept. Petitions Section
Final Filing Date:
Sales & Use Tax Dept. Petitions Section 450 N Street, MIC: 38 Sacramento, CA 95814
Bruce Morgan (916) 445-2259
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.