FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: SYSTEMS SOFTWARE SPECIALIST III (SUPERVISORY)
Salary: $6,416.00 - $8,187.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the direction of the Enterprise Services and Administrative Systems Director, the Middleware and Integration Services Development Supervisor (MISD) is responsible for day to day supervision and oversight of the MISD team. The incumbent provides administrative and technical direction to IT professionals who are tasked with the development and maintenance of enterprise level middleware and integration services and applications. Develops and maintains strong working relationships with business customers and technology peers. Work is performed within the framework of the Department’s mission and values.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Please see the Systems Software Specialist III (Supervisor) classification specification for specific required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of the organization’s business enterprise to support business needs and meet business requirements
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making capabilities
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills with technical and non-technical staff
- Strong team orientation, leadership, creativity, excellent interpersonal skills, tact and good judgment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, and handle complex changes
- Ability to build, deploy, and manage standard, repeatable processes
- Knowledge of project management principles and procurement methods which includes defining the scope, preparing the budget/costs, determining resource requirements and schedule, performing risk analysis, in order to deliver high quality automation systems on time and within budget
- Experience establishing enterprise governance
- Knowledge and experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and practices
- Experience developing on multiple platforms both mainframe and non-mainframe
- Knowledge of metrics associated with analyzing the performance of componenets to troubleshoot systems performance issues and ensure service levels
- Knowledge of and experience with large-scale, secure n-tier architectures, data communication protocols, network hardware, and network configurations to support the complex technical environments
- Review application/system architecture and make recommendation regarding technical and operational feasibility
- Ability to analyze data and situations, and think logically and creatively in order to develop plans, solve problems, assist developers, make recommendation, perepare reports, and support business functions
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental Statement:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Sheri Jenkins at M/S L-240. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- As a System Software Specialist III (Sup) you are expected to develop and deliver technical solutions to stakeholders based on industry trends and business requirements. Please describe your experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) focusing on the importance of governance, business benefits, and ways to implement SOA.
- Please include the following as it relates to your experience:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name(s) who can verify the information
|Middleware and Integration Services Development Supervisor
||564 - 794 - 1559 - 001
|Enterprise Services Development
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.