FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: STAFF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST)
Salary: $5,065.00 - $6,466.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Supervisor of the Technology Acquisitions Unit, the Technology Acquisitions Analyst is responsible for the acquisitions of complex and major technology and telecommunications products and services valued up to $3 million. The Analyst prepares formal solicitation documents and administers IT contracts to acquire and maintain enterprise systems and services. The Analyst oversees the acquisition process and conducts the bidders' conference, confidential discussions, and the evaluation of formal proposals. The Analyst resolves technology acquisition problems and works with evaluators in determining the best value effective solution.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Please see the Associate/Staff Information Systems Analyst classification specification for specific required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Knowledge of: Principles of public administration, organization, and management; information technology systems equipment, software, and practices; analytical techniques; and technical report and business writing.
- Ability to: Analyze information and situations, identify and solve problems, reason logically, and draw valid conclusions; develop effective solutions; apply creative thinking in the design of methods of processing information with information technology systems; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of California purchasing statutes, policies, and procedures, and experience applying these as related to the acquisition of technology and telecommunication products and services
- Familiarily with the state budget process
- Strong analytical skills to interpret purchasing requirements
- Ability to identify problems accurately and take effective action
- Ability to work effectively in a team while being customer-focused
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to changing priorites
- Knowledge of departmental organization, mission and responsibilites.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit ALL of the following documents:
*A completed application includes the position title, position number and contact person’s name in the job title line. Candidates who do not submit all of the required documents (incomplete application packages) will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Yvonne Olson at M/S A-374. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
|Technology Acquisitions Analyst
||564 - 557 - 1312 - 001
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
ASSOCIATE INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (SPECIALIST) $4,619.00 - $5,897.00 |
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.