FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR I FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
We have the following opportunities to join the ARM Division’s management team:
Special Programs Bureau, Offer in Compromise (OIC) Team
Under the general direction of the Program Manager, and as a member of the Section and Bureau Management team, your primary responsibility will be to plan, organize and direct the work of the Offer in Compromise (OIC) Program Team. The OIC Program analyzes taxpayers’ applications to verify their financial situation and their potential for future earnings, verify income and expenses, business ability and current medical conditions to determine whether an OIC is an appropriate resolution to the outstanding liability. You will provide timely feedback on staff performance, providing staff with the tools and training to perform their duties. You will resolve program issues and review OIC approvals and denials, recommend program improvements and manage projects. You will develop and maintain a working relationship with partners and clients within and outside FTB, which may include offsite and/or outreach presentations. You will be responsible for additional supervisory and program functions as needed.
Special Programs Bureau, BE Bankruptcy Team
Under the general direction of the Unit Manager and in cooperation with the other Business Entities (BE) Team Supervisor, the Administrator will supervise a team of Bankruptcy Advisors who undertake complex actions to collect the proper amount of tax revenue on BE cases while complying with Federal bankruptcy laws. The Supervisor will help streamline processes to realize maximum efficiency and productivity, establish and track performance measures, and participate in the ongoing implementation of the Section's goals and workplan. Supervisor is expected to work collaboratively with peers to foster a positive environment, ensuring operational goals and quality service objectives are met.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Strong organizational, time management, planning and program management skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and manage multiple workloads and priorities.
- Ability to present ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing.
- Independent and self-motivated with an emphasis on getting the job done.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff and management department-wide.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive, productive, and creative work environment that engages employees.
- Flexible decision-making and creative problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of collection policies, tools, industry trends and procedures governing FTB.
- Knowledge of FTB’s collection systems and PIT or BE Tax Law.
- Project management experience.
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation of the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type-written page in length, using 12-point Arial font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental statement:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Please indicate your order of preference for these positions (example: OIC or Bankruptcy). Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Leah Rodriguez at M/S A-243. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below. Interviews for these positions may be conducted jointly with other program areas.
RPA #'s 1213-0251, 0252
- Describe a situation when you had to vary your communication approach according to the audience that you were addressing and the type of information you were sharing.
- What was the situation?
- What did you do?
- What factors did you consider when developing your communication approach?
- What was the result?
- Please include the following:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name(s) who can verify the information
|Supervisor, Offer in Compromise or BE Bankruptcy
||564 - 622 - 4358 - 001
|ARM Division, Special Programs Bureau
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
|Scott Telford / Rich Nakamoto
(916)845-7494 / (916)845-7409
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.