Title: BUSINESS TAXES ADMINISTRATOR III, BOARD OF EQUALIZATION Salary: $7,453.00 - $8,628.00 Posted: 03/06/2013
Position is located in Ventura. Under the general direction of the Chief of Field Operations (Sales and Use Tax Department), the Business Taxes Administrator III, as the Ventura District Administrator (DA), is responsible for the administration of the sales and use tax program in the Ventura District. The DA plans, organizes and directs the program through multiple subordinate supervisors and is actively engaged in district operations. The DA must have the ability to organize for success; understand how to facilitate functional needs to achieve strategic goals; be able to make decisions and be accountable for those decisions; cooperate to achieve the department’s mission and goals; identify and define the needs of the department and district; recruit and retain well qualified staff; serve as a positive role model for all district staff/supervisors; and lead and motivate staff to achieve department and district goals. The DA manages the district audit and compliance programs through subordinate supervisors. The DA is responsible for evaluating district audit and compliance operations and recommending/implementing improvements on an on-going basis; ensuring district operations adhere to BOE policies, procedures, mission, and goals; ensuring management decisions are positively and accurately conveyed and implemented throughout the entire district; developing annual operational and workload plans ensuring the most efficient allocation of resources; ensuring work is completed timely and accurately; and managing other administrative activities relative to enforcing applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. The DA fosters cooperation and integrates functions between audit and compliance staff. Travel required 20% of the time. Meeting the training requirements for this position may require overnight travel for up to five consecutive nights. Relocation expenses will be considered. The position requires the incumbent to be fingerprinted. All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
In addition to the Standard State Application (STD. 678), no more than a four-page double spaced typed response to the following questions must be submitted with your application:
1) Please describe your Managerial/Supervisory/Leadership experience in detail, including a description of the types of issues you have dealt with and successfully resolved.
2) Please describe your experience in managing, through multiple subordinate supervisors, the workflow of a section responsible for multiple aspects of a tax or fee program (i.e. return processing, billings, refunds, etc.).
3) Please describe your experience in leading or participating in agency-wide projects.
4) Please describe your experience with or knowledge of our Automated Compliance Management System (ACMS) capability and functionality.
5) List your experience with sales and use tax matters dealing with taxpayers, attorneys, taxpayer representatives, and the public.
6) List your experience with public speaking.
7) List your experience resolving tax collection or tax auditing situations.
Applications submitted without a completed questionnaire and application will not receive further consideration for this position.
290 - 113 - 4320 - 007
SUTD/Ventura District Office
Final Filing Date:
SUTD/Ventura District Office 450 N Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Angela Howe (916) 322-0851
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.