THESE VACANCIES MAY BE RESTRICTED TO STATE SROA/SURPLUS & GEN RE-EMPLOYMENT CANDIDATES. TRANSFER AND REINSTATEMENT CANDIDATES MAY BE CONSIDERED. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT (T&D) CANDIDATES MAY ALSO BE CONSIDERED. IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT A COMPLETED STATE APPLICATION FORM (STD 678), AND RESUME (AND A COPY OF YOUR SROA/SURPLUS LETTER). APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AND/OR RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MARCH 14, 2013. PLEASE REFERENCE “BF# 10665” ON YOUR APPLICATION.
Orange County Claims Services has openings for Tier One Adjusters at the Senior Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster level. The duties of this position include making liability decisions, case make-up, timely benefit delivery and managing a caseload including more complex disability claims to resolution and closure.
We are looking for candidates who have the following skills and abilities:
* Effective and responsive communication
* Strategic thinking
* Expert knowledge of workers' compensation laws and State Fund procedures
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* A positive attitued and commitment
* Dependability, professionalism, and regular and predictable attendance
* Ability to efficiently organize work and manage time
* Ability to work effectively with the public and co-workers
* Ability to analyze issues, make independent decisions and work on multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines
* Effectively apply knowledge to caseload assignment
* Be creative and innovative
* Effective verbal and written communication skills including computer proficiency
* Ability to work independently and in a leadership role
* Working knowledge of State Fund standard software and internet applications
Senior Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster
402 - - 9326 -
Final Filing Date:
Certification Unit P.O. Box 8192 Pleasanton, CA 94588-8792
GEN Reemployment SROA/Surplus
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.