FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: DATA PROCESSING MANAGER III
Salary: $7,118.00 - $8,239.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the general direction of the Director, Enterprise Services and Administrative Systems Bureau, the Section Manager will be responsible for providing leadership for continuous improvement of the Administrative and Financial Management systems, internal web systems (Intranet) and change control processes, for ensuring collaboration with the business program management and for building a strong section team. The incumbent will coordinate, plan and direct the activities of the section through subordinate supervisiors. The incumbent will ensure the steps of the SDLC disciplines are followed from intake through the testing and release of systems changes. The incumbent will ensure the business requirements, tax laws and/or legislative and departmental intent are met and communications to the impacted areas are timely and professional.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles and best practices
- Knowledge of organizational change management principles and best practices
- Knowledge of effective supervisory principles, practices and techniques to appropriately and effectively plan, oversee and direct the work activities of subordinate employees
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques to effectively oversee projects to successful conclusion
- Extensive knowledge and experience with IT service delivery and management best practices
- Ability to resolve performance problems by planning and implementing measures to improve performance
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with a variety of audiences
- Ability to gain and maintain the confidence of others to promote morale and improve working relationships with staff, peers, and others
- Ability to develop approaches to improve the organization and introduce innovation
- Ability to motivate, develop and direct people in the performance of their work to improve the work environment, the quality of work, and increase productivity
- Ability to plan, coordinate and direct the activities of IT staff to deliver services within agreed-upon timeframes
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, being trusting and supportive and building strong teams
- Knowledge of the FTB Legacy Tax Systems
- Knowledge of the Department's Human Resource Program and Policies
- Familiarity with FTB budget and governance processes
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in priorities or deadlines
- Demonstrated performance in leading an IT group through organization change
- Knowledge of Information technologies and trends
- Knowledge of State policies and procedures governing procurement and the use of technology
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. Candidates scheduled for an interview may be required to provide a written assignment to the panel members.FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Sheri Jenkins at M/S L-240. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- There are many jobs that require creative or innovative thinking. Provide a specific example of what you have done to encourage innovation in order to accomplish the strategic goals and objectives of your organization.
- What was the situation?
- What did you do?
- What was the outcome?
- For each question, also include the following:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name(s) who can verify the information
||564 - 793 - 1393 - 001
|IWAS / Enterprise Services & Administrative Systems Bureau
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.