Title: LEAD GROUNDSKEEPER Salary: $2,805.00 - $3,505.00 Posted: 02/27/2013
Duties: Under the
direction and supervision of the Supervising Groundskeeper I, as a working lead
person, the Lead Groundskeeper duties include:
* Performing general and specific assignments in the upkeep, propagation,
irrigation, and maintenance of the Academy grounds and surrounding areas.
* Operate any grounds maintenance equipment, to include riding mowers,
street sweepers, tractors, dump truck, and other automotive equipment.
* Cleaning and repair of walkways and roadways, parking lots, and
* Assists with training of new employees assigned to the Grounds Unit in
the proper and safe use of grounds-related equipment including: mowers,
tillers, edgers, chainsaws, and power trimmers.
* Cleaning and maintenance
of grounds-related equipment.
* Participate in the Academy special events and direct in the absence of
the Groundskeeper Supervisor I.
* Maintains a current applicator’s license and maintains the records
required by state and local agencies.
* Able to follow written and verbal directions.
* Must be diplomatic and maintain a good rapport with co-workers, peers,
* Must possess ability to operate grounds-related equipment in a safe
* Ability to read and write English at a level consistent with successful
Who may apply: Persons
currently in the classification eligible to transfer, lateral transfers,
voluntary demotions, reinstatements, those eligible for appointment from a
certification list, and employees on a State Restriction of Appointments (SROA)
list or designated Surplus. All applicants will be considered; only the most
qualified will be interviewed.
How to apply: Interested
individuals should submit a STD. 678, Examination/Employment Application (Rev.
6/2010), and the Criminal Record Supplemental Questionnaire to the address
below. Please indicate your eligibility in the Explanation Box of the
application. The SROA/Surplus applicants must attach a copy of their letter.
The STD. 678 may be accessed through the California Department Human Resources
(CalHR) Website: www.calhr.ca.gov. The criminal supplemental
questionnaire may be accessed through the CalHR jobs website at http://jobs.ca.gov/pdf/crsq.pdf. Please
include a copy of this notice with your application.
Although the intent is to fill this vacancy as soon as
possible, the exact duration of the selection process can vary and is unknown
at this time.