If you enjoy working with a variety of individuals and assisting others, the Board of Equalization’s (BOE) Headquarters Reception Office is the place for you! We are looking for a candidate that has a positive attitude, good attendance/ punctuality is dependable and a self-starter to serve as the office supervisor. Under the general direction of the Staff Services Manager II, the Office Services Supervisor II acts as a working supervisor and serves at the first full supervisory level to plan, organize, evaluate, hire, and direct the work of the staff in the Board of Equalization’s Headquarters’ Reception Office. Responsible for the training of new staff/existing staff, identifying workload issues, evaluating performance of tasks, adjusting workload and duties when necessary, fostering new approaches to customer service and problem solving. Creates, produces and generates a variety of statistical reports relating to the functions of the Reception Office. Directs the monthly selling, logging and reconciliation of the Regional Transit discount pass program for the Accounting Section of the BOE. The position is located in a high-rise building. Training and Development assignments may be considered. The position requires the incumbent to be fingerprinted. All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
In addition to the STD 678, not more than a one-page typed response to the following questions must be submitted with your application.
1. Describe a situation where you had to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management and the public. How did you get your message across to everyone?
2. Describe a situation in which you assisted an unsatisfied customer or client. What level of contact did you have with them? What specific actions did you take to assist the customer or client?
3. Describe your experience in handling negotiable instruments and/or accountable forms. What was your role in keeping these items secure?
4. Describe a time you had to coach an employee to perform a task. How did you explain your expectations and/or provide feedback on the employee’s performance?
5. Describe any experience you have had in dealing with an employee’s performance issue. What was the issue and how was it resolved.
290 - 360 - 1150 - 002
Administration - Reception Office
Final Filing Date:
Administration - Reception Office 450 N Street Sacramento, CA 95814
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.