FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR I FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,076.00 - $6,476.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the direction of the Administrator III Section Manager and through subordinate managers you may direct the activities performed by the Information Capture and Banking Section (ICBS) Production, Imaging Processing and Cashiering System (IPACS), or the Support Group which includes Administration Support, Program Support, and System Support. You will also represent the Section on numerous teams and at vendor meetings. In addion, you will assist the Section Manager in the overall management of the processing and production functions within ICBS. Position is for swing shift.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Excellent leadership and staff development skills.
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and coach staff toward success.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to be flexible in response to changing workloads and priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Great sense of humor.
- Knowledge of business process improvement, experience in either leading and/or participating in a large project.
- Knowledge of IPACS, return processing and cashiering functions.
- Ability to think and respond positively by being open-minded, enthusiastic, patient, trusting, approachable, available, and flexible, adjusting approaches to suit different people and situations.
- Ability to think in an enterprise manner and consider the overall impact to the Department when program planning, managing and making decisions.
- Skill to develop new approaches, methods, or technologies to improve operations and reduce costs.
- Involvement in diverse activites, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
If interested, please submit a completed Standard State Application (STD 678) and resume. APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Patty Yamamoto at M/S L-150. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
||564 - 740 - 4358 - 001
|Information Capture & Banking Section
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.