COME MEET US
The Southern School Nutrition Programs Unit is searching for new colleagues to join our close-knit, hard-working, team. If you have strong writing skills, have the ability to understand and interpret complex regulations, and enjoy working with a large, diverse field of local agencies, we invite you to apply.
This unit serves schools and other agencies and institutions that participate in the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, and other U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) food programs to ensure that California’s students receive good nutrition. We are part of the Nutrition Services Division, which also serves infants and seniors, distributes USDA commodity and processed foods, and provides research and leadership in nutrition education.
- Review and approve applications from new School Nutrition Program sponsors; manage caseload
- Research policy issues and recommend solutions in writing to management and sponsors
- Provide technical assistance and formal training to current and new sponsors and staff
- Write legislative analyses/proposals, budget change proposals, and draft bill language
- Organize, update, and rewrite guidance materials and forms
- Some travel required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Positive interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people
- Able to handle time sensitive issues and deadlines
WHO MAY APPLY
Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement). All applicants must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the “Explanations” section on the Standard Application Form (Std 678). May consider Staff Services Analyst candidates for recruitment purposes. Employment provisions as outlined by the Department of Personnel Administration's State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
PLEASE NOTE: Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
Candidates MUST include PC# 0599 on the title section of your state application, otherwise your application may not be considered for an interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a State Application (Form 678) to:
Nutrition Services Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA 95814
Attn: Jennifer Howerter
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: March 18, 2013
||174 - 190 - 5393 -
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL) $2,817.00 - $3,426.00 |
|Final Filing Date:
|Nutrition Services Division
1430 N Street. Suite 4503
Sacramento, CA 95814