DUTIES: Under direction of the Staff Services Manager I, within the Contracts, Purchasing and Conference Services (CPCS), Personnel Services Division, and working cooperatively with program units and managers throughout the Department and State Special Schools Services, the incumbent will provide contract administration support and meeting and conference planning to department staff involved with standard agreement/interagency agreements, competitive bid services and conference services.
• Responsible for the contract functions of the California Department of Education (CDE) and the six State Special Schools Services (SSSS) including but not limited to: Consulting with various levels of CDE program staff on contract issues. Provide technical assistance to program staff on the completion of the Contract Request Form (CO-201), Service Agreements (SA) and the preparation/submission of the required attachments. Advise program staff of applicable contractual requirements and processes. Develop, prepare, and process standard agreements and interagency agreements. Serve as department liaison with the Department of General Services (DGS), Office of Legal Services (OLS); Fair Employment and Housing, and Office of Risk and Insurance Management regarding conformance with state requirements for various contracts. Research updates of regulatory changes imposed on standard agreements and Public Works contracts. Attend pre-bid conferences and public bid openings when requested. Review bid documents received in response to competitive bid process to determine successful bidder and bid amount.
• Consult with and advise program staff on general and complex contract management policies/procedures related to non-competitively bid (NCB) approval process, Request for Proposals (RFP), Invitation for Bids (IFB) and Request for Bids (RFB) requirements/processes.
• Provide guidance and leadership to department employees responsible for planning and organizing various department sponsored conferences and business meetings held throughout the State. Specific duties include: contacting, visiting, and negotiating with hotels, convention centers, and vendors offering conference/meeting facilities, food catering, equipment rental and other amenities associated with CDE sponsored conferences. In addition, the incumbent may have to travel to the various conference locations throughout the state of California where onsite assistance is needed, which may include overnight stays.
• Make recommendations for process improvement on contract issues. Participate with the manager in developing/conducting workshops/training related to various contract processes as necessary. Conduct research and prepare justification and/or information as requested by assigned DGS/OLS attorney to support departmental contracts.
• Assist in conducting training and workshops to staff at CDE and the various SSSS sites. Assist or direct, as appropriate, all referrals within or outside the CPCS Office. Perform special assignments as requested by the Contracts manager, such as research.
• Knowledge of State Contracting Policies and Procedures
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Work well independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
WHO MAY APPLY: Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement). All applicants must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the “Explanations” section on the Standard Application Form (Std 678). Employment provisions as outlined by the Department of Personnel Administration's State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
PLEASE NOTE: Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a State Application (Form 678) to:
California Department of Education
Personnel Services Division
1430 N Street, Suite 1802
Sacramento, CA 95814
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: March 8, 2013
||174 - 206 - 5393 -
|Will also consider hiring a(n)
STAFF SERVICES ANALYST (GENERAL) $2,817.00 - $3,426.00 |
|Final Filing Date:
|Personnel Services Division
1430 N Street, Suite 1802
Sacramento, CA 95814