Title: TRAINING OFFICER I Salary: $4,400.00 - $5,348.00 Posted: 02/21/2013
DUTIES: Under the general direction of the Training Officer II, the incumbent identifies and analyzes individual and group training needs, identifies sources for meeting those needs, and works with others to ensure that those needs are met in a cost-effective manner with the degree of initiative and independence appropriate for a journey-level employee.
• Curriculum Development and Administration: Designs, develops, and organizes complex training programs using a variety of training tools and methods to resolve Department issues and/or meet program goals; gathers, analyzes, and provides information on training resources to cost-effectively meet training needs; makes recommendations for additions, deletions and changes to existing training programs; develops and prepares contract documentation to secure outside training resources when needed; monitor laws and rules for mandated training to ensure Departmental compliance; continually evaluates training effectiveness and makes changes as necessary.
• Course Delivery: Schedules, prepares for, and conducts CDE-sponsored training courses as needed and facilitates meetings/focus groups as requested.
• Consultation: Helps CDE managers and supervisors work toward organizational improvement through meeting facilitation and by recommending strategies for improving workplace morale and productivity. Provides technical assistance to help employees work toward their professional development goals.
• Staff Work: Prepares issue memos or other completed staff work, recommends changes to training policy and procedures; gathers data, monitors and generates monthly and annual reports; performs other duties as required.
• Strong analytical, project management, and communication skills
• The ability to deliver effective presentations and lead interactive group activities
• An attitude that conveys a strong customer service focus
• Good judgment and decision-making ability
• Strong coaching and team building skills
• Proficiency in using Microsoft WORD, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint desktop applications
• Willingness to travel
WHO MAY APPLY: Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement). All applicants must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the “Explanations” section on the Standard Application Form (Std 678). Employment provisions as outlined by the Department of Personnel Administration's State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
PLEASE NOTE: Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a State Application (Form 678) to: Annette Kahn/4830
California Department of Education
Personnel Services Division
1430 N Street, Suite 1802
Sacramento, CA 95814
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: March 8, 2013
174 - 206 - 5197 -
Final Filing Date:
Personnel Services Divison 1430 N Street, Suite 1802 Sacramento, CA 95814
Annette Kahn 916-319-0683
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.