FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: TAX TECHNICIAN, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $2,495.00 - $3,426.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The Decedent Unit is searching for a talanted indvidual to join our team. Under the general supervision of the Administrator I, the incumbent are responsible for the collection/resolution of decedent cases and responds to incoming calls and correspondence involving decedent and probate issues. The incumbent will file, amend and withdraw creditor claims as appropriate. The incumbent must be able to translate details from various laws and computer files, explain applicable tax laws to fiduciaries and beneficiaries, and apply collection remedies appropriate to this specialized workload. The incumbent will actively work towards creating a strong team environment. Successful candidates will work in a call center environment and must possess the ability to deal with emotional or difficult contacts. The incumbent will effectively communicate with others and conduct his/herself in a professional manner at all times. Position requires incumbent to work until 5:00 p.m.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- 6 months or more experience working in a call center
- 6 months or more working knowledge and experience in FTB Collection Process
- 1 year or more working knowledge and experience in Personal Income Tax (PIT) Laws.
- 1 year or more working knowledge and experience with the Taxpayer Information System (TI), Intergrated Nonfiler Compliance System (INC), Accounts Receivable Collection System (ARCS) and dependent systems.
- Working knowledge and experience in using Lexis
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively deal with the public and establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to adjust work schedule to meet operational needs.
- Strong organizational and multi tasking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than one type-written pages in length, using 12-point font, 1 inch margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: LaJena Jordan at M/S A-454. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
RPA # 1213-0061
- The Decedent Specialist is required to work correspondence while taking calls and maintaining a level of excellence. This requires the specialist to exercise good judgment and have good organizational skills in order to take the appropriate action on accounts. Describe your experience in providing excellent customer service while managing multiple workloads while answering calls.
- How did you prioritize the workload?
- What were the challenges?
- What was the outcome?
- For each statement above, include the following:
- Years of experience
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title
- Supervisor’s name who can verify the information
|Tax Technician – Decedent Advisor
||564 - 622 - 7505 - 001
|Special Programs Bureau / Decedent Unit
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.