The Food Administration Unit (FAU) in the Nutrition Services Division (NSD) is looking for an energetic and detail oriented Office Technicians (OT) (Typing) Permanent Intermittent. The NSD consists of over 210 permanent and temporary staff that administer federal food program for the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). The FAU oversees and monitors the ordering and delivery of USDA foods to over 1,000 Recipient Agencies (RA) and over 100 million dollars of entitlement annually. The OT will:
• Make frequent direct contact with the Direct Shipment (DS) and Cooperative (Co-op) RAs to follow-up and determine status of needed information
• Research delivery discrepancies as needed through WEBSCM & the Master schedule
• Prepare Cancellation requests and forward to the Accounting Office
• Maintain the Actual Fair Market Value schedule log of the DS and Co-op agencies
• Prepare food delivery confirmations into the Notice of Arrival electronic file
• Type, proof, edit, and format written documents: memos, letters, reports, and manuals.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize important tasks and handle multiple tasks
• Excellent telephone skills and ability to work with a wide variety of people
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Detail oriented WHO MAY APPLY: Individuals who have eligibility for appointment to the above class (e.g., transfer, list, reinstatement). All applicants must clearly indicate the basis of their eligibility in the “Explanations” section on the Standard Application Form
(STD 678). Employment provisions as outlined by the Department of Personnel Administration's State Restriction of Appointments (SROA) policy will prevail. In addition, current or future executive orders relative to filling vacant positions may also affect this process. Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed. The individual selected for this position may be required to present a valid typing certificate prior to appointment. PLEASE NOTE: Possession of minimum qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If it is determined an applicant does not meet the minimum qualifications, the applicant will be removed from the eligibility list.
CANDIDATES MUST INCLUDE PC TBA/FAU – OT PI ON THE TITLE SECTION OF YOUR STATE APPLICATION, OTHERWISE YOUR APPLICATION MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW. HOW TO APPLY: Submit a State Application (Form 678) to: Food Administration Unit
Nutrition Service Division
California Department of
1430 N Street, Suite 1500
Sacramento, CA 95814
Attn: Gaylord Daluz
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY: March 7,2013
174 - 190 - 1139 -
Final Filing Date:
Nutrition Service Division 1430 N Street, Suite 1500 Sacramento, CA 95814
Gaylord Daluz 916-324-9758
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.