THIS VACANCY IS ONLY OPEN TO STATE SROA, SURPLUS, AND GEN RE-EMPLOYMENT CANDIDATES. TRANSFER AND REINSTATEMENT CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THIS TIME. IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT A COMPLETED STATE APPLICATION FORM (STD. 678, YOUR RESUME, A COPY OF YOUR SROA/SURPLUS LETTER, AND AN ORIGINAL WRITING SAMPLE DEMONSTRATING YOUR ABILITY TO IDENTIFY ISSUES AND THE QUALITY OF YOUR ANALYSES, CONCLUSIONS, AND RECOMMENDATIONS. WITHIN THE SUBMITTED APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE BF 10636.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AND/OR RECEIVED NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2013.
Billing and Collections has multiple Senior WCIR openings in the Special Recovery Unit. This position will act as a resource regarding all cancelled high risk accounts, including civil, subrogation and restitution accounts. The Senior Consultant will need to assist with investigations in the capacity of Lead and resource. Assist the Special Collections and Recovery Unit Manager on Special Projects as assigned. They will also be responsible for attending criminal and civil court appearances that will include testifying as a subject matter expert. The Senior Consultant will be responsible for training internal and external customers. Travel is required.
The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Strong organizational, analytical and decision making skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to handle a large volume of work
• Regular and predictable attendance
• Demonstrates a positive attitude in a challenging environment
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service
• Has excellent skills in all Office software programs
• Knowledgeable in Underwriting and Audit practices and procedures
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and SFO
• Strong underwriting skills
• Ability to travel to other work sites in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.