Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Executive Secretary provides clerical support to the Executive office by performing confidential, complex, and responsible secretarial work. This work requires exercising a high degree of initiative, independence and originality, relieving the Executive Director of a variety of administrative and complex office details. This position works with other Board of Equalization staff members, including the staff of the Board Members and top executive management for effective overall coordination of the activities of the Executive Office. Assists in the review and preparation of grievance responses at the first review level; type and file correspondence that contains information about the BOE’s bargaining positions, as well as various labor relations bargaining issues. This is a 2 year limited term position that may become permanent if the position/funding becomes permanent. The position is located in a high-rise building. The position requires the incumbent to be fingerprinted. All applicants will be considered; however, SROA/Surplus will be given priority.
• Organization of the Board of Equalization
• Departmental administrative goals and policies
• Modern office methods and procedures
• Business English, spelling, punctuation, grammatical usage, and correspondence
• Personal computer applications including Internet Explorer, Visio and Microsoft software applications
• Effective customer services practices
**A Supplemental Questionnaire is required to be submitted with the application. Experience in customer service a must. Applications will not be accepted without the filled out Supplemental Questionnaire. Applications will be screened based on experience and desirable qualifications.
Executive Secretary 1, Office of Executive Director
Please answer the following questions and submit with your standard state application.
1. Please explain how you are qualified for this position.
2. Describe your interest in the Board of Equalization and how your education and experience would make you a good fit for the position.
3. Describe your experience working with Elected Officials.
4. Describe your experience handling confidential matters.
5. Describe your experience dealing with difficult taxpayers. What was the final outcome of the situation?
6. Describe your work experience in regards to Board Meetings.
||290 - 301 - 1247 - 900
|Final Filing Date:
450 N Street
Sacramento, CA 95814