FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: TAX AUDITOR, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $3,106.00 - $4,903.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the direction of an Administrator, you will independently conduct audits of multistate corporations. You will obtain and analyze facts and make appropriate determinations that are fair and impartial based on research. You will communicate findings in writing and verbally in a complete and understandable manner. Some overnight travel is required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong commitment to customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills to obtain cooperation from taxpayers and representatives.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to reason logically and creatively.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Abilty to travel out of state to conduct audits at the taxpayer’s headquarters.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to gather information from multiple sources, analyze and interpret tax laws and documents and make appropriate recommendations.
- Knowledge of Auditing and Reviewing Multistate and C Corp. issues including Unity and Out of State Shams.
- Knowledge of the research services available to the FTB.
- Knowledge of departmental systems such as PASS and BETS.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point Arial font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Peter Nguyen at M/S L-20. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- Describe your knowledge and work experience relating to Multistate and C Corp. income tax issues, FTB’s audit procedures and policies, and research services available to the FTB.
- What specific activities did you perform?
- For whom did you perform the specific activities?
||564 - 359 - 4362 - 001
|San Diego Field Office
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.