FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Title: ADMINISTRATOR II, FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
Salary: $5,573.00 - $7,113.00
**IMPORTANT NOTICE** As required by the department's rules of conduct, all employees of the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) must be in compliance with the California revenue and taxation code. During the background investigation portion of the hiring process, FTB will review return information to verify California state income tax compliance. Any failure to comply with the California revenue and taxation code may prevent you from being hired at FTB. You must verify your filing status by calling 1-800-852-5711 to resolve any potential tax compliance issues, prior to submitting your application and seeking employment with FTB. All applicants not currently employed with the Franchise Tax Board will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. The investigation will consist of completion of a pre-employment questionnaire, fingerprinting, and an inquiry to the Department of Justice to disclose criminal records. We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing or speech impairments, call TTY/TDD (800) 735-2929.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Under the direction of the Northern California Audit Program Manager, the incumbent is responsible for directing and supervising the activities of two personal income tax (PIT) audit teams in the Oakland Field Office. The incumbent will be directly involved in inventory management, providing technical guidance and direction, overseeing workload assignments, developing training plans, conducting inventory reviews and completing performance evaluation reports. The incumbent will also work with other supervisors within the section to coordinate hiring, training, planning workloads, assigning workloads and completing other assignments and projects that assist with meeting our workplan and program goals.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS :
WHO MAY APPLY :
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal income (PIT) tax law and case law as it applies to auditing tax returns.
- Knowledge of FTB’s audit standards, practices, and policies.
- Ability to apply state and federal tax laws and rules as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to be a leader who can motivate, mentor and build a positive, productive team.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and manage multiple workloads and appropriately respond to changing priorities to meet critical timeframes.
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve complex and sensitive workload issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of PASS, TI, BETS and other FTB information systems.
- Ability to travel with audit staff to field appointments.
- Involvement in a diversity of activities, program areas, and/or positions that have provided you with a greater understanding and appreciation for the broader perspective of the department/enterprise.
- Demonstrated performance encouraging positive relationships, creating high job satisfaction, encouraging success, showing understanding, and being trusting and supportive.
Current state employees with status in the above classification or lateral transfers from an equivalent class, former state employees who can reinstate into this class or persons who are reachable on a current employment list for this classification. A training and development assignment (T & D) will also be considered. All appointments are subject to SROA/Surplus hiring provisions. Surplus candidates must submit an application packet as outlined in this bulletin with a copy of their surplus status letter in order to be considered.
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested applicants must submit a package containing ALL of the following items:
SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION :
In order to be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a supplemental application. Your response must be no more than two type-written pages in length, using 12-point Arial font, 1-inch standard margins and include your first and last name in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Respond to the following supplemental question:
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE THE POSITION NUMBER AND CONTACT PERSON’S NAME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Candidates who submit incomplete packages will be eliminated from the selection process. All submitted information will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to an interview. FTB EMPLOYEES MUST HAND DELIVER OR ROUTE TO: Kelly Heckman at M/S F-381. Candidates not currently employed by the Franchise Tax Board must send their application package to the address shown below.
- Describe your knowledge and work experience relating to personal income tax audit issues and FTB’s associated audit procedures and policies. Describe the specific activities you performed and for whom you performed these activities.
- Please include the following:
- Employer(s) name
- Your position/title(s)
- How long you held the position(s)
- A supervisor’s name who can verify the information
||564 - 356 - 4357 - 001
|ISA Bureau, Personal Income Tax Audit - Oakland
|Final Filing Date:
P.O. Box 550
Sacramento, CA 95812-0550
Background Check Required
Use your browsers "BACK" button
to return to your results/listing page.
Start A New Search
Start A New Search
View in Printer
If you are not a current or former State employee, you must first take an examination to obtain list eligibility. This does not apply to Student Assistant vacancies.
Learn all about it.
Equal Opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free state workplace. Any applicant for State employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing civil service, and the special trust placed in public servants.